6.07.2015

Week 74: 17 months!



June 1, 2015

Today is my 17 month mark... AHH!

It was a real learning week for me. Learning about myself, about the nature and will of God, and especially about humility and patience.

I have spent the last few months in this area on my knees begging Heavenly Father to help me make a difference here- even if I can't get a baptism, even if I can't turn this ward around, to just make a difference somewhere, somehow. & as we worked this week I had so many moments where my mouth would drop open because they would all say, "You made such a difference in my day," "Your little visit made such a difference to me!" "You make such a difference just being here!" "I prayed for help, and then you knocked on my door." It was so humbling to see that I have got to let go of my perfectionism and let "thy will be done" so that I can be an instrument in His hands and in turn receive the blessings I ask for. & it become even more humbling and amazing because I have been so sad that I'm ending in this area, so far away from the people that I love and that love me- here where I figured they'll drop kick me to the airport by the time I'm done with this ward- but this week we got in with so many of them and they all expressed how much they loved me. I was blown away!

God is good.

We had our mission conference/ ipad training with the bretheren from SLC. WOW. Mind: blown. They talked about how they are "inoculating" this generation- like you get a flu shot so you're less likely to catch the flu instead of quarantining yourself- they are giving missionaries technology so that we can learn how to correctly use it in ways to bless us in the future, especially our families. 

The best miracle from this week was when we were walking through a neighborhood and stopped to talk to a man outside his house. He wasn't interested, but we were able to talk to his brother and had a really interesting conversation! He told us he appreciated what we do, but that he had lost his faith and wasn't sure if he'd ever really get it back. I gave him our card and told him to call us whenever he decided he wanted it back. We walked around and taught more people for almost an hour, and then as we were heading back to our car he pulled up to us in his car- he had run to the store and bought us cold bottles of water! SO NICE! 

Funnies of the Week:

We were able to teach a contact from a couple weeks ago and he was SO forward! haha he asked me to marry him like 3 times! What is it with this area??


I love y'all and can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Hermanita McOmber


Stuck at the chapel with the Elders during the storm!




Got to see Elder Matt Gay!!




Orem High School!!



One of my leaders gave this to me from my friends in the Houston South Mission - 
Love Orem High School!!





Got to see Hermana Larson again!




Love the Chappels!




Found an outhouse while out tracting





Love this family!




Can't wait to hold babies again!




Lots of tracting...






Mis cubanos


A--- made me "ropa vieja" - sooooo gooood!





Obviously my Dad isn't super happy about all the unwanted proposals I'm getting because he wrote his last weekly letter on the back of his target practice bulls-eye!  









No comments:

Post a Comment