6.14.2015

Week 75: iPads!



Well, I spent this week in the car, and in meetings so it was a long one. 

First on Tuesday I went to MLC and we got iPads! {except for me & my group because we're leaving}.
Then on Friday we had Zone Meeting and we gave out the iPads. {my last one, so sad!}
Then on Saturday we got a surprise call that we could go to the temple with Riccardo to get his endowments! So fun!

We pulled up to our appointment on Monday with these two neighbors who always sit outside together, and when they saw us they both tried to run away. haha we lassoed them in and read 1 Nefi 1 with them... and it made one of them cry! She loved it so much and really understood it on a deep level! WOW! 

One night after English class I was chatting with one of the guys by his car and somehow the conversation turned into the restoration lesson and he accepted the invitation to be baptized! YAY! He was the perfect person to master teach! He thought he was two steps ahead of me, when in reality I was four steps ahead of him. :)

There's an Hermano that I never intentionally planned to visit or came up with lesson plans for, but that always seemed to just be there listening. He is far away from his family and has really dark circles around his eyes, and is always quiet and reserved. This week he's going home to his family and he told me that I had made a huge difference in his life. He said I am so uplifting and enlightening and really helped him. He even mentioned me when he bore his testimony on Sunday! {you know they love you when they can actually pronounce McOmber} the best part for me is that the dark circles around his eyes were gone and he looked like a new person! I've gotten really close really fast with a lot of menos activos this week- setting myself up for a hard goodbye, probably not the best idea.

We went to our typical Thursday appointment with a family and as we knocked on the door we found the little girls in hysterics and they were on the phone with their mom who had just been hit in her car by an 18 wheeler. We were able to sit on the porch and hug them while they cried and play games with them until their mom came home. God's timing is amazing.

And on Sunday two of my street contacts came to church! Wow! & even though it was our first Sunday integrating with the English ward and there were more than a few people I wanted to choke with their own ties, they liked it!


Funnies of the Week:

We were teaching our new investigator U---- and I asked him what things we can do to grow our relationship with God, and he said, "Pray before we eat, that's a big one."

There's a stubborn guy who has come to our ward for five years, but never got baptized, and we ran into him at a member's birthday party. I invited him to come to church and meet with us and he said, "You, my dear, should have a career in sales."

We were teaching a lesson outside and the mosquitoes started to get us so Hermana nonchalantly spritzed her legs with some repellent while I was teaching... when we got up to leave at the end of the lesson we saw that it had dyed her legs bright blue.


I love y'all so much and can't wait to see you soon!

Hermana McOmber





First iPad selfie!





Can't believe Sister Powell got called here!  
So sad I'm not going to see her!





Surreal!














This door handle comes to my knees!




Coolest shirt ever!




We had a really fun YW activity!





Last Zone Meeting




Beautiful Texas Skies





Polaroid





Temple with Riccardo!





Got to do a session in Spanish - loved it!




Member's birthday party




Love this little girl - she reminds me of Averie!





No comments:

Post a Comment