5.30.2015

Week 73: when a door closes, God opens a window



May 25, 2015

Mi gente!

I can literally count the number of weeks I have left on ONE hand! Ahh! Bittersweet!

My new companion is Hermana Medeiros! She is darling! We already have so much fun together.

Heavenly Father really blessed us for our efforts this week.

Our investigator A---- read all the way to 1 Nefi 17... uhh, I could have died of happiness!

We were walking through a neighborhood and saw a house with a gorgeous tree with giant purple flowers on it and decided to talk to the owners. It was a cool young guy, and turns out his cousin is a member in the Woodlands ward that both Hermana Medeiros and I have served with! Ahh! We had the BEST talk with him. No hymn, no prayer, no formal lesson plan, just connecting on a real level and answering his questions. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

Then on Sunday we were tracting in the same neighborhood and another cool young guy answered the door. We taught him a quick Restoration lesson on his front porch and his whole face lit up! He was so into it we gave him a Book of Mormon and he is so excited to read it! He even asked if he could hug us goodbye! It was the sweetest!

And to top it all off... I saw my first real firefly! They are right outside of our apartment. It was magical! I was completely captivated. haha planning on catching one this week.

Funnies of the Week:

I had two guys pull up to me in a car and say, "Hey! Are you the girl that teaches English classes?" haha Yeah, how did you know? "Ohh, everyone we know is talking about the tall, beautiful white girl that teaches English for free!"

Then when they came to class and I asked if they had any questions they LITERALLY asked how to order a hamburger. "I would like to buy a hamburger..."


Les quiero de ida y vuelta a la luna. <3

Hermana McOmber



Saying goodbye to the district and my companion




Transfers




Goodbye Hermana Larson!





My new companion, Hermana Medeiros.  District Meeting



District Meeting




At a member's birthday party




P-day with the Elders







More pics from our time with the Mortensens













No comments:

Post a Comment