6.21.2015

Week 76: Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me)

June 15, 2015


As my precious time as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints comes to a close I am becoming more and more nostalgic! I've had to drive to Houston for a meeting every week and passing through my old areas brings back so many memories. Words cannot express how grateful I am for having had this opportunity. It is the best experience I've ever had & part of me wishes it never had to end!

but the other part of me is really excited for the moment when I can hug my family again. {and take a nap, that'll be nice.}

My favorite moment this week was when one of our appointments fell through so we went to the next apartment building to tract. The 2nd door we knocked on was a cool young guy whose entire upper body was a twisted montage of tattoos. We had such a powerful lesson with him, the Spirit was so strong! As we talked to him I had this sweet little image of him, clean shaven and in a suit pop into my mind. And as we walked away, Hermana told me that the same thing happened to her. I love learning to see people as God sees them- for who they can become.

Sabina came to church this week! Which means she'll get baptized three days after I leave... haha but I was so happy!

We had an absolutely insane lesson this week. We met this AMAZING girl and went to teach her family, and her parents were visiting from Mexico. They were all folding laundry while the kids were screaming and crying and fighting. Her dad is pushin' 100 and has lost all of his hearing. He is the most devout Catholic I've ever encountered- as soon as he realized he had a captive audience he went OFF! Reciting prayers and singing and quoting scripture, all with this massive underbite that made him almost impossible to understand- all at the top of his lungs. He asked if we were from a convent, and when I told him no he was shocked and said, "What kind of nuns are YOU?" haha That's one for the books.

Funnies of the Week:  

I had the self control not to for the longest time, but I finally gave in and tried on my skinny jeans to make sure they still fit. haha check!

My district leader called on me to role play with my companion during district meeting how to handle the situation if your companion uses the iPad inappropriately. So I pretended {key word} that I had looked up an ex-beau {non-existant} on facebook and the elders thought it was so funny they recorded it- and even made their ringtones the part where I said, "It just makes me SO trunky!"

I asked the English class this week if there was anything in specific they wanted to learn and they said, "Vegetables." so we had an entire lesson on that.

One of the girls in the ward named her little boy Oden- as in the God of War. Too bad that backfired... everyone calls him "nugget."

I love when people try to talk to us in English. There was a guy this week that was really proud of the fact that he had, "one dozen friends." 

I love y'all so much! 
{p.s. there's just enough time to send me one last letter!}

Hermana McOmber


The 4th of July decorations are taunting me!
(She will be home by then!)




Plus 90% humidity = one sweaty hermana misionera!






"Escondida" = Hidden








The flood gauges on the street corners here






Finding HOPE





Temple Tours!




They will be baptized my last weekend here!
Love them so much!




THIS IS WHY I AM A MISSIONARY!






Saying goodbye to Elder Gay





No comments:

Post a Comment