6.28.2015

Week 77: The final countdown!


This is it... my last week as a missionary! Please pray for me!

I had a pretty tough week. It was so rough. haha I think Heavenly Father could see that I hit my breaking point and sent me some tender mercies. This week we got to go to the temple as a district and that helped me a lot. Then when we went finding the very first house we knocked let us in and accepted a baptismal invitation. We got a referral from the elders who is SO incredibly prepared who also accepted the baptismal invitation. And I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting that brought me, and every other poor soul in that little chapel, to tears. God is Good.

Thursday night was the first night in my mission that I can remember where I had absolutely no food, no miles, and no money for dinner. Our dinner appointment forgot about us and went out of town, and when I called the only members in the ward I could think of I got a very sharp decline. Broke my heart all over again. {I've come to realize this area is "Brokenhearted Brazos"}. but we kept working; saw a part member family and had the best lesson we've ever had with them, and went to visit our new investigator Daisy. She had read a ton in the Book of Mormon and told us that she has already noticed a huge difference in her life from it. Daisy's abuela was sitting and listening, and it was so interesting because I noticed a strong wave of the Spirit in the room, and she got up and went to the kitchen in the middle of our lesson. At the end of our lesson she beckoned us into the kitchen where she had made us each tacos and lunches for the next day! We were all in tears. "Panza llena, corazon contenta." (Full Belly - Happy Heart!) {Now we teach the abuela, both of her daughters and all of their kids, and their kids' kids.}


Funnies of the Week:

This culture is so frank- if you've gained weight, you better believe every member of the ward is going to mention it to you. Right now they're all asking me, "Hermana, esta en dieta?" Nope, it's this little thing I like to call STRESS.

The majority of said stress ^^ coming from teaching my companion to drive {bless her heart}.

Elder Christensen called last night and said to me, "You need to plan our wedding!" -awkward pause- "...I mean, Marco and Mayte's wedding! not you and I's wedding... you know what I mean!" 

I talked to a cable guy on the street this week who told me I had more balls than he did for being a missionary.

A woman named Shaniquah called me on the phone and asked me to pray for her right then and there- so sweet, but so funny, I was so caught off guard.


I love you all so much! 
Nos vemos PRONTO!
(See you soon!)

Hermana McOmber


I made cool scripture cases!




Saying goodbye to Consuelo





Awesome car with LONGHORNS!





Another outhouse - I am definitely in the country!





Saying goodbye to Ruby




A hot and HUMID day at the temple!









We made a fort to read our scriptures for Family Home Evening





Saying goodbye to familia Ramos





Most beautiful little girl - with her own CTR ring!





Abuela!




Our friend Candido - a miracle story!




Crazy storm clouds!




Adios familia Guillen




Adios familia Rodriguez





I love the Texas Skies!




No comments:

Post a Comment