5.17.2015

Week 71: I dream you dream we all dream of skyping!!



I LOVE SKYPE.

It was so much fun to see your faces and hear your voices! ...but how weird was it to say, "see you in a month & a half!?"

I had a better week- still long, still hard, but I upped my hope levels and am feeling better about life. 

We got to go to Woodlands for Zone Conference this week- I feel as if I have come full circle in all senses. and SURPRISE! I had to give my dying testimony. one word: rough. It was a really good training though and I learned so much. I got to sit down with President at lunch and he helped me figure out my life- still so surreal.

On Mondays we eat with our ward mission leader, but as we were walking up his driveway I felt prompted to meet his neighbors from across the street. As we introduced ourselves they showed us a whole lot less than "southern hospitality" but as we kept trying one of the brothers came out of the house and when he saw me he stopped dead in his tracks. We both recognized each other- but I'm not sure how. He thinks I was the missionary that gave him a tour of SLC temple square in 2010, even though I explained to him I was 16-years-old and very much not a missionary at that time. either way he is really excited to have us come over again! yay!

We have been trying for two stinkin' months to get a member to come with us to a lesson with Sabina, and it FINALLY happened! & even though we have shared that same lesson with her twice already, she finally got it and has a baptismal date for June 6th! Members are the best missionaries!

One day we prayed to know where to go and we
had the clear impression to visit a guy in our ward with his nonmember wife and young family. I was a little nervous because the wife is not a huge fan of the church, but we followed the prompting. Maybe two or three minutes after we pulled up to their apartment, she pulled up with a carload of groceries. We were able to help her out and she even made us dinner! We shared a mormon message and a lesson on building families centered on Christ. She LOVED it! Miracle!



Funnies of the Week:

One hermano in the ward calls us "elderas."

I was proposed to this week by a crazy guy.

When driving back from Woodlands I was so exhausted from having to wake up so early that I purposefully sped so Tiwi's scary voice would keep me awake.

I shook hands with a bounty hunter.

Our district leader quoted something and both Elder Christensen and I said, "Oh, I know what that's from!" I said, "The Bible!" and he said, "Friends!" haha

We got a perfect score on our apartment cleaning check & they even left us $20 bucks to go get ice cream! I'd say that almost makes up for bed bugs and haunted apartments. {the elders were so mad! ha!}


I love y'all so much! Please keep me in your prayers! I'd love to hear from you!

Hermana McOmber





FHE picnic with the G---- family - we love them!




Ward mission leader and assistant




Tio's Taqueria




Perfect cleaning score!  Cha-ching!!




Elder Grasse and Sprag - the one's that keep me laughing out here!




Two days old - wish we could have held him!




My desk



So many awkward doorstep moments - had to finally capture one!





Mother's Day barbeque





Skyping with the family - and Coco!


No comments:

Post a Comment