5.09.2015

Week 70: You gotta keep your head up {ohh ohh}‏



Downtown Bryan


16 months! so surreal.

It was another rough week, but I had so many meetings in Houston and Hunstville I was able to keep the stress to a minimum. I had my first real MLC & I learned SO much, and then I got to teach it a few days later in my first zone meeting. Then we had interviews with President, he is so amazing. He helped me so much... and then he gave me homework... to plan out my life. Stress levels: SKYROCKETED. Marriage... I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

This Sunday made it all worth it. When I walked into the chapel I was able to help a woman I met the week before through some really really hard things, and the Elders gave her a blessing {the Spirit was so strong!} That same Spirit stayed the whole rest of the Sacrament Meeting! As we were sitting there singing, more and more people came in! 5 of the 10 focus families we have came!!!! One of which was blessing their baby and invited all of their friends and family! Our attendance goal is 100 and we got 102! Then everyone got up and bore their testimonies on missionary work; they are all converts and all love their missionaries so much. I felt so much peace and love and reassurance. I am making a difference here; Heavenly Father notices it, and these people notice it.

I love being a missionary!

Funnies of the Week:

We got caught in Woodlands traffic on the way home from MLC so Elder Sprag jumped out of the car and gave the lady in front of us a card- he scared her so bad! haha

We went to visit a family in our ward with three older sons that are the definition of "snapback and tattoos." They were all going to watch the big fight on tv but I asked if we could say a prayer as a family before they go and they all said, "Yes ma'am!" and folded their arms like reverent little sunbeams. 
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Our district's trainee is so cute. He was practicing door approaches and somehow managed to bring up outer darkness in the first two minutes.

Doorsteps are so funny; some have door handles that are literally the height of my knee, and some have toilet rugs or car mats as door mats. We went to a door this week with a larger than life size statue of a surfer, complete with clothes and a hat on top.

We drove past a woman on the street corner with a microphone shouting about praising Jesus and repenting.

Con mucho amor,

Hermana McOmber



High school friends - how did we all end up in a little chapel in Bryan, Texas?!!











Texas Wildflowers




We were given an address to find but couldn't find it for the longest time because it was hidden in the trees! haha






Making tortillas






Hermana S took us to lunch





The baby blessing!




Our giant Texas cups





Can't wait to get back to my COUGS!




Letter from shnookums!




Photobooth on P-day


No comments:

Post a Comment