5.30.2015

Week 72: iPads!



May 18, 2015

Mmm hmm, you read that right. IPADS! We won the zone competition so we went out to eat with President and we were the first ones he told! Ahh! Can't wait!

Today I start my last transfer, and tomorrow I get my last companion. {cue hyperventilation} I'm staying in Brazos- so I am figuratively, and quite literally, dying here! Bye Hermana Larson. :( I'm going to miss her SO much.

We had amazing miracles this week! First of all, I helped translate for Stake Conference! I was so nervous, but when I finished the Hermano that was looking up all of the scripture references for me to read said I did it perfectly! 

We've had a good group of progressing investigators and it has been so frustrating this last month because we could NOT get in touch with any of them! but in the span of 24 hours we ended contacting them all! Someone obviously has been praying for us- thank you!

We even had a member of the bishopric call US to come out with us! wow! So of course we wanted to have him help one of our investigators, but we received the impression that we needed to visit a menos activo. We followed the prompting and had an amazing lesson. Just as we were walking back to the car the hermano said he wanted to try knocking the neighbor's door, so we do and we were able to teach a new family! AND THEN we decided to try his sister-in-law on the way home and she had just pulled up! She's another one who hasn't let us in or answered us for over a month! He was so lovingly bold and straight up told her to repent for treating representatives of the Lord like that when we give up so much to be here and try so hard to help her. And instead of going off on her typical list of excuses she just quietly said, "thank you." I was speechless! Member missionaries!

I had exchanges with Sister Dastrup this week. It is so interesting because she is having the exact same struggles I had at the beginning of my mission, and it breaks my heart to see her have to go through it and think of the long road ahead, but I felt totally inspired on what to say to comfort her and help her. We had a hard time getting in with people on our exchange, so we tried a new apartment complex, said a prayer, and the very first door we knocked on a woman answered and said, "Sisters! Come in, come in! Did we have an appointment?" It was a less active member of the english ward! 

Our recent converts' son is a bit of a tough cookie and it is hard to teach him because he shuts down, but we decided to watch Finding Faith in Christ with them, and throughout the entire movie he asked really good questions! And at the end he OFFERED TO SAY THE PRAYER! uhh.... speechless, again.

We went to the neighborhood where the big group of kids loves to play with us, and they were all so excited to see us again! They wanted to be missionaries too, so they walked around with us and helped us contact people! One kid was begging me for my pass-along cards so he could run around and hand them out to everyone! 

We had a huge english class this week! :)

THEN we tracted into a golden family! We had the most amazing lesson with them and they are so prepared!


I am so grateful to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Nothing has brought me more joy than to have this little black tag on my chest, and these sweet words of truth on my lips. I can honestly say that I do not know who or where I would be if I hadn't answered the call to serve. I encourage every young man and woman to serve a mission! It will be the best decision you ever make! I love knowing and understanding more fully the gospel and helping others learn these simple truths that bring so many blessings. 


I love and miss y'all so much!
{p.s. this is your last chance to write me. haha}

Hermanita McOmber



Tio serenading us at dinner with an accordion!




It happened - I fell in love with country!
(notice the new boots!)




Endless crafts when the comp is a sicky




Getting gelato with our neighbor - love her!




Translating for Stake Conference




Riccardo got the Melchizedek priesthood - so sweet!  Mis cubanos!





Texas Pride




Dinner with the Riveras




Love the picket fences




Zone activity at the Texas prison museum with the Mortensens





Quality time with the Mortensens!



I love Sophie!






No comments:

Post a Comment