4.05.2015

Week 65: Milagros (Miracles)




"There can be miracles, when you believe!"

We've been working so hard to get the ball rolling in this little town, and Heavenly Father is blessing us so much! This is the happiest I have been in YEARS.

This week we went to visit our investigator S---. When the missionaries found her in November she had literally just been baptized into a Christian church, but she let them in and they taught her for a little while. Hermana Larson and I started teaching her again and she kept telling us that she knew the Book of Mormon was true, but that she wasn't going to get baptized again. This week we went to our appointment with her and I had to sing "A donde me mandes ire" because I had the feeling we might have to drop her. It was really neat because I felt the Spirit guiding me and giving me the things I should say and the questions I should ask her, when suddenly she interrupted and said, "I've been looking for the true church my entire life. I have let every kind of missionary sit on that couch and teach me, and I even got baptized. Then you came. You made me feel loved, and you made me feel something deep inside of me that I have never felt before. I know without a doubt that your church is the true church." ....uhhh. "Let me get this straight... you want to be baptized?" "As soon as possible." {Heavenly Father is so good to us!}

THEN we stopped by to visit our investigator C----. She had also been taught by the missionaries last fall and we recently started teaching her again. We followed the prompting to teach her the restoration again and even got her husband to sit in on the lesson. After the first vision she told us that she will never forget the time that two sister missionaries in mexico taught that to her and the feeling she had in her heart, and how she just felt it again. She told us she reads the Book of Mormon every day and it helps her depression more than her anti-depressant, and that she knows that every word is true. She committed to be baptized, with or without her husband's support. {WOW}

All y'all need to post "Because He Lives" {Gracias a que el Vive} to your facebooks... right now.

Funnies of the Week:

Hermana Larson and I ate Serrano Chiles at dinner one night. It didn't even burn my mouth! It was spicy, but I ate a chip with guac and I was fine! but Hermana Larson was sweating and had a runny nose and was crying- and we always talk about how she always at spicy down in Cali, but I never did in Utah. the members got such a kick out of it.

They called me the night before to wake up two hours early and cancel all of my plans to go to MLC the next day, even though I'm not a STL {yet}. 6 hours in the back of the car later I thought I was going to die. {#exiled}

An Hermana was making us carne asada and handed
a dirty, GIANT butcher knife to her eight-year-old daughter to rinse it off in the house and said, "Correle!" AHAHAHAHAH


Love y'all and hope to hear from you soon!

4475 Carter Creek Parkway #714
Bryan, TX 77802

Hermana McOmber


Downtown Bryan - basically looks like Logan, Utah





My District




I am Southern "Grace"




We helped a member remodel their upstairs





It's Spring!  There are fields of wild flowers and blue bonnets everywhere!




My zone!





These kids are literally launching off the couch to hug me before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment