3.29.2015

Week 64: 100 days!



Mi gente!

100 days until I see you again! Ahh!

This week was so great. I UNPACKED! After moving 3 times in one month, and living out of garbage bags and suitcases since the end of December, I am {officially} UNPACKED! Happiness.

I got to go on exchanges with an English trainee in Hunstville this week, so fun! she was darling! It was a really crazy realization to understand that I've come full circle. I remember when I was training and I went on exchanges with the older girls and how much I learned and how much I looked up to them {Hermana Driesel<3}. It was so funny, she thought I was the greatest Sister Missionary to walk the earth and asked me 09287459384 questions. "Did you ever struggle? Did you ever have an adjustment stage? Did you ever not know what to say? Did you ever get sad?" Honey, I'M STILL THERE. hahaha 

I love being a missionary!

Wednesday we got to go to our member's ranch. HEAVEN ON EARTH. Ohh my goodness. It was absolutely gorgeous! They had this amazing ranch house and she made us food that was to die for. Wow.

While we were having district meeting, a brother timidly walked in and listened to us discussing for a minute, and then said, "I don't want to interrupt... I just want to say thank you." ...he walked away completely overcome with emotion. One of the best moments of my mission.

This week we've been praying about one of our investigators and how we can help her. We got the clear impression that we needed a member with us in the lesson, but after almost a week of calling and begging members to come out with us... nada. We pulled up to her house for our appointment really sad, and said a heartfelt prayer telling Heavenly Father we're sorry we couldn't find anyone, but that we tried our best and asking for his divine help in this lesson. When we walked in another woman was in the house... turns out it is her inactive sister who was baptized 19 years ago!!! We had a member in the lesson after all! And the best part is that five minutes later her entire nonmember family shows up! We had a really powerful lesson with all of them and they all want to learn more. Do all you can and Heavenly Father makes up for the rest!

I love you all and miss you all so much!

Hermana McOmber
p.s. my apartment number is actually 714 - it has been covered because they're painting, so I mixed it up. Lo siento!


Funnies of the Week:

One guy we met called us "plasticos" because he said we look like perfect little mannequins.

The Elders had a little bit of an "intervention" with one of my "admirers" this week.

A menos activo answered her door and said, "One sec..." closed the door, and left us standing in the pouring rain for 10 minutes! ok...

My shoe got stuck under the car while I was backing... awkward.

Adinelio is my "little" buddy. I love him so much. I teach him English and it is literally like the scene from Pink Panther:
"I would like to buy a hamburger."
"Ay vuld luk toa bey eh damfrupmfer."
We were teaching him the Alphabet yesterday and it took ALL of my self control not to laugh. He is the best.



St. Patrick's Day


Exchanges with Sister Dastrup




J--- (She has an AMAZING story!)





I love Texas!




The Ranch!








We want to hold the baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment