4.19.2015

Week 67: Con dios todo se puede. (With God Everything is Possible)




Con Dios todo se puede.

(With God Everything is Possible)


Sometimes I feel overwhelmed. I love these people so much and I just want the best for them, but there are so many things out of my control and I don't know how to help them. & that's when prayer becomes your lifeline. & that's when the miracles come.

This week we went to visit an inactive young Hermana in our ward & she told us her {AMAZING} conversion story, and how because of a dream she had the night before she knew she needed to be sealed with her family in the temple as soon as possible. It was a total, complete 360, change of heart. Something completely out of my control, but because I did my part, Heavenly Father took care of the rest in His timing.

Then later that day we went to visit the sister of one of our investigators. We had one of the most powerful lessons of my mission and she is 100% ready to be baptized. Even though I've been stressed about the progress of her sister, the Lord put her in my path and showed me how He worked through me to bring about even more good in the lives of their family.

Then this weekend I was able to drive down to Houston for Marcela & Celine's baptism. It was such a tender moment to see them dressed in white. They all ran up and hugged me, and I felt that I caught a glimpse of heaven. The Spirit was SO powerful that entire night, and it just filled me up! My heart was so full and I felt whole and complete. "Remember, the worth of souls is great in the sight of God. And behold, how great is His joy in the soul that repenteth! Wherefore you are called to cry repentance unto this people. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, HOW GREAT SHALL BE YOUR JOY WITH THEM in the kingdom of my Father!" {D&C 18}
The best part was the sweet little English family that came. It was the 13-year-old daughter that invited Celine to Young Womens that started this chain reaction and led to their baptism after more than ten years of meeting with missionaries. This family did more for Marcela and Celine than I am sure I even know; always visiting and supporting, answering questions, sitting by them, bringing them food, loving them! And they don't even speak each other's language!! The mother got up and bore her testimony during the baptismal service and I could not help but weep. THAT is missionary work. THAT is Christlike service. THAT is love.

I love being a missionary with my whole heart and soul. It is the blessing of my life.

God is good.


Funnies of the week:

I found a teaching record in our area book from 1999!

Church this week was... rough. All six of us missionaries ended up slumping against the wall in the hallway after it ended. & the brand new trainee asks {all chipper} "So, what are we doing for P-day??" We all just kind of looked at him.

Driving through Waller you see street names like "Kickapoo" and "Westward Ho."

A guy asked me where I was from and when I told him "Utah" he said, "Ohh, that makes a lot of sense, 'cause girl U-tahl!" -__-

I need to learn to say NO when men in English class innocently ask me, "May I ask you a personal question?" YES, these are my real eyes, and NO I will not marry you!

Serving in "Temptation Station" takes on a whole new meaning now that I found out we have a Freddy's Frozen Custard here...

When they say "I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a foot or two" they need to clarify which direction.


Hermana McOmber



There is a whole section of t-shirts just like this at WalMart (only in TX!) 




I love our investigator's house - I think it is so pretty!




Finding the teaching record from 1999 during planning!




Our district's new trainee - EPIC FAIL at self timer - elder!!!




Baby shower for Citially





Alfredo baptized his wife Marcela and daughter Celine








The English family that fellow shipped them.



Migente! (My people!)






Caught a frog!

No comments:

Post a Comment