4.11.2015

Week 66: Conference!



Two words: GENERAL CONFERENCE.

Another two words: ...15 months.

This week was one for the books. First I had a great exchange to Hunstville {so pretty!} and had a blast! Then Thursday we went to a boot camp taught by one of the cute ladies in the English ward {couldn't move whatsoever afterwards}. Then Friday I got the flu... then Saturday Hermanita got the flu, but we couldn't find any members to watch conference with so we were slightly irreverent and layed down in the church to watch it {don't panic, we weren't totally apos! we had proselyting clothes on. haha}. And the best news of the week is that we got transfer calls and Hermanita is staying with me! YAY!!

My favorite lesson this week was with C----. We were reviewing the Plan of Happiness with her and I made a comment like, "I have so much peace and comfort in my life knowing that I can see my family members again after we die." Her head snapped up and she stared at me, and she told us that her only brother died of cancer ten years ago and she still hasn't gotten over it. We were able to teach her about temples and proxy work, and the Spirit was SO STRONG. It felt like someone was beating a drum inside of my chest as I testified to her that her brother lead us to her again after all of these years, so that he could have these blessings as well. {cue the waterworks}

Last night we decided to make cookies and bring them to our next door neighbor, the cute one we met when we were moving in. She was so excited and let us right in! She said, "It's been such a blessing in disguise because ever since you've moved in I've been able to be reminded of God every day! I love it!" We shared the "Because He Lives" video with her and it was like we lit a fuse... she started asking us so many deep questions! We ended up teaching her the Plan and she cried! She told us about her great grandma who had passed away and how much she loved her, and then she stopped and looked at me and said, "My sweet GG was someone I always said could make anyone believe in God. You remind me of her... you even wear gold glitter shoes like her!" Then I asked her if we could pray for her and she cried! AHHH! She's amazing!

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! My life has been significantly, eternally changed by my decision to serve. I can honestly say I do not know who I would be or where I would be without my mission.


Funnies of the Week:

You can be baptized a Texan at the state fair.

Sick day #1 Hermanita got a little bored. "I sat on the couch for so long I saw the cactus move."

When President Pingree was called to be an Area Seventy, and Christensen and I were whisper screaming in the chapel.

We have a little gang of kids that loves to follow us as we teach in their neighborhood. We teach them to pray and play games with them, and then they all want us to meet their families. "Come meet my family!" "No, come meet MY family!" Our teaching pool has DOUBLED.


Love Y'all!

Hermana McOmber


Puppy in one hand - taco in another.... Happiness!!




At the end of the best day ever!





On Sam Houston campus in Huntsville on exchanges - so much fun!





I love teaching in English!  This is Darian - she is getting baptized soon!





Exchanges with Sister Lambright in Huntsville




So pretty!


I love Texas!





Dinner on the ranch




Our little gang!




I love serving in Tejas!



Conference!




I love getting packages and letters from home!







Exchanges!




No comments:

Post a Comment