3.16.2015

Week 63: Here comes the sun (doo doo doo!)





First of all, my companion is an angel. This transfer has FLOWN by laughing with her, and it's so ironic because this is the hardest area I've had.

Second of all, I am FINALLY in a clean, safe apartment. We were supposed to move last week, but long story short it didn't work out on the other end of things. So we stayed in our practically-homeless shack for another week, and almost had our power shut off on us. {had just enough self control not to check myself into a hotel} mmm hmm. I've gotta say... after 3 months of living out of garbage bags and suitcases, I CAN'T WAIT TO UNPACK!! We ended up having tons of crazy miracles as the Elders helped us move, we talked to so many people! the best was when we were bringing our things into the new apartment and our darling next door neighbor knocked on the door. She is so nice and we had a great chat! I told her we are missionaries and she lit up and kept saying, "That is so cool! I love that!" And then she said, "I am really, really interested to learn about your church!" I literally had to shut my lower jaw because it was hanging wide open. Then she ran and got everyone cold water and asked if we wanted to play with her kittens (she's studying at Texas A&M to be a vet). OKAYYYY.

One of the amazing miracles this week was when we were driving down the street to visit an investigator when Hermana Larson screamed! She saw a menos activo outside of his house who is never home. The appointment fell through and we were able to go meet the hermano and teach him. He was in tears he was so grateful! It was so sweet! I love being a missionary!

This week was the Elders' baptism of Adinelio! He is so special, he bore his testimony and the Spirit was SO strong. In his testimony he thanked me for being his friend {mi corazon!} and tried to hug me for making cookies for his baptism. {I <3 Cubans} The crazy part is that only two hours earlier he got a call from a friend from Cuba that he hadn't seen for years who just arrived in Houston and wanted to see him! So he invited him to the baptism and the friend drove straight there! He brought his whole family and cried through the whole thing! WOW.

We had an interesting lesson last night... I am really glad I've studied hard on my mission. Taught a young guy that has veeeery interesting views on religion, and incessantly shot me with questions. I was able to stay patient and calm, keep the Spirit, and answer all his questions. BOOM.

Funnies of the Week:

Singing "Head Shoulders Knees & Toes" with our English class, because Adinelio is literally the BFG.

Sister Morgan telling us the story about the one time she had a warrant out for her arrest. HAHA she is a riot! I love her!

The Elder's quorum president planned the ward activity... watching frozen. Our ward mission leader went into a rage when we explained that we wouldn't be able to participate because we can't watch movies, and got up on the stairs and acted out Jesus throwing over the tables in the temple and saying he was going to do the same at the ward activity. Luckily we got his heart rate down in time for the investigators to show up. haha

I literally can't even remember everything funny that happens in our district because we spend ALL DAY laughing together. love it!

My new address is:

4475 Carter Creek Parkway #417
Bryan, TX 77802

I'd love to hear from you!

Hermana McOmber




Elder Christensen!





I love my district!





I love teaching kids




Adinelio's Baptism!!






No comments:

Post a Comment