3.01.2015

Week 60: Adios Louetta!




February 23, 2015

Adios Louetta!

I am so excited to be transferred! I feel completely at peace. I accomplished what Heavenly Father needed me to and I am ready for a new adventure! 

This week I went to the temple with Francisco and Rosabel! It was absolutely amazing! I did baptisms with them and it was so special. I felt so full of love and felt Heavenly Father's approval as we sat there altogether in white. Indescribable. They will never understand how special they are to me, and how much they mean to me. How could I have ever even considered not serving a mission? How lucky we are to have a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to prune us so that we can grow. {remember that UNREAL current bush talk that perfectly describes my life?}

Although I was ready to strangle Eliezer for always choosing to do things the hard way {I have to take a deep breath and remember he is a 17 year old living on his own} and not making it to the temple, he surprised me and gave a talk on Sunday! He kept it a secret all week! It was incredible. He had everyone laughing and crying. The Spirit was so strong! I felt like my heart was going to burst. Again, I thought to myself, How could I have EVER even considered not serving a mission?

Another one of those moments was when we decided to try a referral. We pulled up and she had a big gate around her house, but as we got out of the car, she came home from work! We had been there for less than a minute! She opened the gate and let us in! 

Another one of those moments was when a young boy ran up to us in the apartments and told us how he explained the Restoration to his science class at school and got a 100% on his assignment with 30 extra credit points. He used our visuals and even direct phrases and everything! And we taught him that back in November, and haven't seen him since!!

Another one of those moments was when we went to visit a menos activo family this week, and when we came in we found the son gasping for air. We told them to go to the hospital and called someone for a blessing, but no one could get there in time. As we got in our car to drive away we passed a member of our bishopric randomly standing in the middle of the parking lot... on the other side of town from where he lives. We literally kicked the car in reverse and sped back to catch the family before they drove off... and as we ran up with this hermano to give the son a blessing, the family said, "eh. no thanks." and drove off... uhh. UNBELIEVABLE. O ye of little faith. God not only sent us to you in the exact moment you needed us, he miraculously provided a priesthood leader to give you a blessing, and you denied both! Thoughts such as "ehh, I can't breathe, but I don't need a blessing from messengers of God." or "ehh, I'd rather stay home and sit on facebook all day than selflessly serve for 18 months" are not from Heavenly Father, people. Don't pay attention to them. Keep reading, keep praying, keep going to church so you can recognize the hand of the Lord in your life, and His whispers in important moments of decision! 
end rant.


Funnies of the Week:

I asked a little boy what his name was and he said, "Mi hijo." {my son. common nick name)

"Uhh, President, Elder Smith has a dangling TIWI..."

Hermana Miller just told me that her roommate in houston east mission found one of our investigators that moved! crazy!



I am so grateful to be a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been the most amazing experience of my life. I have learned and grown so much and I cannot imagine where I would be without it. 

Love you and miss you all!

Hermana McOmber


We helped E--- make centerpieces for her friend's wedding.




E--- and family




I had little helpers to back the car!




Pretty gullies!



flautas



L--- and O---



I Love our District!




Temple baptisms with the four recent converts!




Francisco and Rosabel





These are for you Hermana Miller!





Helping the Pinedas move




Mari




Eliezer in a suit!




Hermana Veron




Old Shoes - BYE BYE!



No comments:

Post a Comment