3.15.2015

Week 62: It was the best of times...it was the worst of times!



Week 2 in exile: "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Really though, one day EVERYTHING that could POSSIBLY go wrong, did. {such as: our heater breaking in the middle of a winter storm, sleeping on a mattress older than I am, no food, all appointments fall through, aimlessly driving back and forth to complete meaningless chores}. 
We were M I S E R A B L E.

Then, out of the blue, the next day is nothing but miracles.

Such as:

Teaching a new investigator the plan of salvation and having her "novio" walk in at the end. Turns out "novio" investigated the church 15 years ago! We taught an impromptu restoration lesson and when I asked if he had any questions he said, "When are you coming back?" and when I asked if there was anything we could do to help them he said, "Just come teach me SOON!"

THEN we decided to try a former investigator from January 2013 who discontinued her investigation due to her very, very catholic mother. When we walked up to the house we were greeted by this devout mother, but we won her heart and she went in and got her daughter! We taught them the restoration and it was so powerful! Right before we were about to say the prayer her sister came home from work and joined us! As we asked the former investigator when we could come by to see her again her sister said, "but what if I want to be there!" So we set day and time when the entire family was together! AHH!

THEN as we were walking to our car a car pulls up to us and a man calls out and asks what we're selling. We shouted back that it was free, and we ended up teaching him through his car window right there in the middle of the street.

THEN we went to visit a menos activo family and as we finished the lesson and packed up to leave their friend walked through the door. He started asking us tons of questions and we ended up staying for another hour!

Heavenly Father sure does love us.

This week I got to go to Yanny's baptism. What a blessing! We drove an hour to Conroe and met up with the Barreras and they drove us the other hour down to Houston {they are angels}! It was so special. The Spirit was so strong! I miss Louetta SO MUCH! {I cannot wait to come back after the mish and give a huge hug to Francisco and Hermano BerRios}

Funnies of the Week:

"They should make a monument for you in Louetta." -President

Tyler Boulter goes to the same church building as I do. {thought I was hallucinating}

The chapel has ceiling fans {only in Texas}.

Two guys we contacted on the street tried to "conquistarnos." They asked us out to dinner and I texted back saying "WE ARE MISSIONARIES", and this is what they sent back: "We understand that, but y'all are also beautiful young women who have to eat and maybe even bowl a few games. God wants us all to be happy and have fun while we are spreading his word. The Bible says it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. We understand if y'all are scared of the temptations you might face, but the Lord won't put on you more than you can bear." ....literally.

An hermano in the ward thinks I look like a movie star and walked around showing everyone them the picture of the actress I've never even heard of from a movie I've haven't even seen yet. haha


I love you all so much! I need your prayers!

My new address is going to be:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway
Bryan, TX 77802

Hermana McOmber



Elder Christensen




Map of Woodlands, Louetta, and Brazos




The Elder's car




Frio - Cold!




Broken stairs - we do what it takes!




Downtown Bryan is cute






I LOVE MY NEW COMPANION!!



Home Sweet Home




Welcome to the COUNTRY -
I have never seen so many boots in my life!




Yogurtland




A member gave us a bunch of cactus to snack on - haha!





The Elder's explaining Kolob to each other




Taken at the end of the hardest day ever





Driving to Zone Meeting




Familia Guadarrama





Love when this happens...finding one of our cards when we tract!




So grateful I got to go to Yanny's baptism!!





Loved seeing mama Gaytan again!




Rosie and Yanny!!!







Thank you thank you Barreras for taking us to Yanny's baptism!  We love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment