2.22.2015

Week 59: One Year in Houston!


This Hermana's been in Houston for a YEAR! 
 I love it!

I can't believe that Jair was baptized a year ago, it all feels like a dream.

4 more months
3 more transfers
2 more companions
1 more area

Ahh!


One word: tiwi.

You may have heard the horror stories from RM's, but let me be the first to say... they're all true. Allow me to explain: a "tiwi" is a little black box that is attached to the front windshield of your car and monitors every move you make. It flashes red and yells at you in a really creepy man voice if you drive too fast, start too fast, stop too fast, turn too fast, fail to use a blinker, or any other horribly sinful driving tactic. Not only that but it knows where you are and sends all of this information directly to the President {pretty sure it's bugged too, for good measure}. Welcome to Houston, tiwi, where you will find thee WORST drivers, aside from DF Mexico of course. I had 3 violations in the first five minutes, simply from driving defensively.

Let the fun begin.

The best part of this week was the baptism of Ramon Mesias {yes RMs, you read that right}. He was set to be baptized this time last year but it didn't work out and he's been striving for it all this year. He decided to surprise his wife and when she showed up for an "interview" at the church on her birthday she found him all in white! Next year on Valentine's day they are going to be sealed with their two little boys for time and all eternity.

Eliezer is really struggling. I've seen this over and over in my mission: the moment someone makes their goal the temple, Satan attacks. Spent the night kneeling in a little circle with him outside of his apartment in the middle of Plaza Verde with all of the sirens going off around us, praying and singing and bawling. I love him so much, and I am so proud of him.

Funnies of the Week:

Hermano Rosales loves to call Eliezer "my son" to everyone, to drive him everywhere, to talk about his conversion with everyone... until Eliezer starts dancing with his daughter at the Valentine's Day party... that was a VERY different Hermano Rosales {a.k.a. Papa Bear.} Bishop and I were dying laughing.

Went to visit a crazy family I love and the elderly brother had just had surgery on his shoulder and was dead set determined to explain how itchy he was to us in English, so Hermana Provost taught him the word "arm pit." He proceeded to shout it to the family members in the kitchen. They were all intrigued and said it over and over.

Everyone in Woodlands still calls me Hermana Barbie.

Thank you for your love and support. It means so much to me!

Hermana McOmber




Pictures from Edgar's baptism!
 (So sad I didn't get to go!)




Got to visit Woodlands on exchanges!  It was so much fun to surprise these families!



Fullness of Joy to see them again!





Got to see Hermana Mesias...



almost exactly one year later!



My companion made me a valentine when I was sick.




Bye Hermana Hill!





TIWIs




Met the cutest girl in the apartments!  Her dog's name is "Who Dat" and apparently likes to dance to Justin Timberlake!




One Year in Houston!!




We got a call at 7 am to help the Gulf Bank hermanas change their flat tire.  Thanks to Hermana Provost and a russian man in short shorts - they got to church on time!





Eliezer showed me how he keeps track of his tithing - so sweet!





Letter to all residents of our apartment complex.




Apartmentship




Gemelos!




Valentine's Ward Party!



Familia Acuna




Hermano BERRERA!!



Gotta love our cars!



No comments:

Post a Comment