1.27.2015

Week 56: Best moment of my life!


Best moment of my life...

Francisco baptized Eliezer. 

I could have died of happiness.

It was so darling! They were both SO nervous. Francisco couldn't remember the prayer so he peeked at a little paper in his pocket and started over, but Eliezer's elbow was poking out of the water, so he had to do it again. He was so nervous he dunked him without saying the prayer! So he started over two more times, and finally the last time was absolutely perfect. {the ward joked that Eliezer had to be baptized three times because he put me through so stinkin' much} Then after the baptism I was sitting at a table with Eliezer and the Elder's investigator and Eliezer starts teaching him a {super POWERFUL} lesson! Now this guy wants to be baptized! The best part was that in Eliezer's confirmation blessing it said that he will be a missionary. It was such a blessing to see a little bit of the chain reaction we have as missionaries. No effort is ever wasted in missionary work. Every single little thing we do is worth it, and we cannot comprehend how exponential of an impact we can and do have in the lives of others. 

Someone must have prayed for me on Wednesday because the entire day felt like I was being carried! I could literally feel the angels around me lifting me up and keeping me going. I had so much added strength and hope. Thank you for your love and support.

Funnies of the Week:

We were with our investigator Ivan and our phone was on the table, and a message popped up from a street contact that said, "Hola baby." Ivan LOST IT. He ranted for a good five minutes on how inappropriate that was and how boys should have more respect for us as missionaries.... and then he proceeds to ask me to be his girlfriend.

Our ward mission leader thought I was a sister training leader the last two transfers.

You drive past hubcaps in the tops of trees after a bad ice storm in Houston {worst drivers EVER}.

We followed a prompting to visit this hilarious elderly woman in our ward and when she opened the door she almost fainted her blood pressure was so low. Hermana Provost did her thang and helped her get stable again, and even completely out of it Hermana Galvan was still crackin' jokes.

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your love and support.

I love being a missionary!

Hermanita McOmber





 






No comments:

Post a Comment