1.07.2015

Week 53: ONE YEAR!




I have been a missionary for ONE YEAR! Ahh!

It was the week from heck, but Heavenly Father blessed us with a lot of miracles.

It all started Wednesday morning. Got in the shower and found even more bites all over my body. Got out and checked my bed for the millionth time, found nothing. Called an apartmentship inventory and made all three of them scour my room with me.... and boy, did we find them. 50+ chinches {bed bugs} in the corners of my box spring. Called President immediately and {so funny} he said, "Do what you need to do." Spent the rest of the day throwing away my bed, and washing every stinkin' piece of fabric in our entire apartment and stuffing it into garbage bags. So I've been sleeping on the floor and living out of garbage bags for a week. Why a week? They were supposed to come fumigate our apartment on Friday, but no one showed up, so we have to wait until Tuesday. Luckily President found us some old mattresses to sleep on in the mean time, so it's been a sleepover with the English Sisters every night in our living room. 

But as completely miserable as it has been, Heavenly Father has blessed us! E--- AND R--- came to church on Sunday! And I am really close with one of the other Hermanas' investigators and I committed him to be baptized after Sunday School. haha {do what you gotta do!} We had an amazing zone meeting & I learned a lot! E--- told me he wants to serve a mission! We were teaching the mother of one of our investigators and she told us that he has read most of the Book of Mormon and loves watching Mormon Messages and that he knows it's true! 

We tracted into a man that really needed us and I felt so much love for him. We had a CRAZY POWERFUL lesson with the P--- {after I literally dragged him out of bed to listen} and they came to church!! & we had another crazy powerful lesson with a part member family and the Spirit was so strong they were all crying!

I love being a missionary!


Funnies of the Week:

We got to watch a clip of the Best Two Years in Zone Meeting... I cried I was laughing so hard.

Went to Freddie's to celebrate my one year mark with the best ice cream in the world, and a member paid for me! The crazy thing is that I recognized him! He had bought me ice cream in Woodlands once!


I love you and miss you!

Hermana McOmber



Reading family letters at the Christmas Conference




Wrote 18 letters last P-day!





Where are the bed bugs hiding????




Yuck - found 'em!





We went to colmena for lunch to try to take our minds off of things




Sleepover (while we wait for fumigation!)





ONE YEAR !!!





One year!  With E---




We have all been out for one year!





One year ago we were on the plane heading to the MEXICO MTC together!





Freddy's - My favorite chocolate ice cream!





My favorite apartments!




Alvaro Hernandez - watch him on ESPN!





Got this from Hermano Berrios this morning- haha - so cute!




Our Christmas Card!



No comments:

Post a Comment