10.09.2014

Week 40: I loved Conference!





Hasta la vista, babay! I am half way!

This week definitely had its ups and downs.

I got a blessing from my ward mission leader to help me and he gave me the most beautiful blessing in Spanish. & then at the end of my blessing he said, 

"Just be strong
Be happy
Spread the word."

{new favorite thing on earth}

The UP of this week was most definitely General Conference. I LOVE General Conference as a missionary! My district went to the stake center where they had set up a little tv in a classroom for us to watch it in English, and we all brought snacks and had the best time. I learned so much and received so many answers! We are so blessed! My favorite was Elder Klebingat's talk. Wow! It was so much fun to run into the chapel when they would speak in Spanish or Portugese and listen. LOVE that new change!

One of the ups this week was finding out that Francisco, our recent convert, is getting MARRIED to his novia, Carol! HAPPIEST DAY OF MY MISSION. 

Another up of this week was D's prayer at the end of one of our lessons, "Heavenly Father, thank you for this beautiful day. And thank you for my sisters who love me and teach me. Thank you for the Book of Mormons. and Thank you for my baptism coming up." We all looked up after the prayer with tears in our eyes. So precious!  

Did I ever tell you about the man we met walking down the street, who when we gave him a card told us he, in fact, was LDS with two sons on missions and he holds the Melchizedek Priesthood? Yeah. haha He's totally menos activo (less active), but we had the best talk with him and he said he felt the love of God for the first time in a long time when we were talking to him. There are no coincidences!

We meet a lot of single, working Hispanic men in the apartments we teach in, one of which is "I". We didn't think he was super serious about learning about the gospel, they are usually just really excited about our blue eyes and blonde hair, but we decided to visit him just in case. Turns out he is SO prepared! He and his best friend live together and we had a lesson with them with Hermana Bernal last night that was so good! They didn't have furniture, so we sat on the floor of their apartment and read the Book of Mormon together. We all had the best time and I felt so happy! I love being a missionary!


Funnies of the Week:

I shared Ephesians 2:20 with "I" when we were teaching him the Restoration to explain that Christ's true church is founded upon Prophets and Apostles with Priesthood Authority. After he read it he was like, "You are not going to believe this, but this verse is my favorite in the ENTIRE Bible." Hermana Miller was laughing so hard she could barely breath. Mentiroso (liar) haha


Houston road rage is unreal.



I love you all and am so grateful for your love and support!

Hermana McOmber




We went to my favorite tacqueria for lunch to celebrate my 1/2 way mark.





Torta con pollo y agua fresca de melon






I Love Texas!




Hump Day!  My family sent me a cute package to celebrate!





I love all the bumper stickers!




One of our investigators - I love her baby - cutest baby ever!





Our bishop showed us this facebook post of a newspaper article in Utah!  Can you find me?!!!






Conference!





Conference!





Some of my absolute favorite hermanas!






Fun with investigators!




No comments:

Post a Comment