9.29.2014

Week 39: Halfway!











"We're halfway there! Ohhh! Livin' on a prayer!"

Ahh! I will hit my HUMP DAY this Wednesday {so perfect }! I am in complete shock that I'm halfway done! Best feeling ever! I can't wait to kick it into high gear and accomplish amazing things the next nine months! It's all downhill from here!

!SI SE PUEDE!

It was such a fun, busy week! First of all, we got to see Meet the Mormons! UNREAL. A must see! Did I bawl? Uncontrollably, along with every other missionary in that room.

Then I got to go on exchanges with Hermana Koch up in Conroe! I had the best time! I absolutely love the people up there, especially the Barreras- the Hermano who is the master of Spanglish. haha

Then we got to work a shift at the Peanut Butter Factory owned by the church! So much fun! I loved it! Hermana Miller and I were literally modern day Lucy & Ethel trying to get those jars of peanut butter down the conveyor belt. It was HILARIOUS! Everyone was laughing and we were able to talk to a lot of people! I even met a woman from Costa Rica, so I got to use my Spanish { I LOVE speaking Spanish }!

THEN we had our family history class and as I was looking at my family tree, Hermana Perry and I figured out we are RELATED. Mmm hmm. 

THEN we had the Women's Conference! So good! They had a program before the conference and they had some rm's from the stake speak... wow. Then all of the missionaries sang Army of Helaman in Spanish and it was so tender to watch the Spirit hit them like a wall and the tears come. I love being a missionary!

AND THEN our investigator D came to church! He literally threw up the entire time, and I felt so bad. I thought he was sick and then the Spirit was like, "C'mon silly, use your brain." We taught him the Word of Wisdom the day before! He was having withdrawals! {he is a hard core drug addict} Such a trooper!

Such a good week!

Funnies of the Week:

We contact everyone we see, and sometimes they speak English, so we have to pass them off to the Sisters we live with... but sometimes the people would rather have us teach them. haha Kind of awkward trying to explain that even though we speak English we only teach in Spanish. There was cute african american girl this week was trying to convince us that she could speak Spanish so we could visit her, so she said, "!Yo quiero Tacobell!" It was a nice attempt.

D said the closing prayer for our lesson and at first I was so impressed with how much he had improved! ... and then he said something about aliens. 

Our investigator E is this cute young guy and he was trying to prove to us that he knows how to cook, so he took off his boxing gloves and went in the house and came back out with oven mitts on and a glass pan with a couple pieces of salmon he had stuck in the oven. hahahahahah He was SO proud of himself.


I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your letters and packages on my birthday! I am overwhelmed with how much love I am being shown! 

Hermana McOmber






Everyone here cuts their blinds to peek out - 
I was teasing one of our Young Women about it!




The Young Women sent me a CRAZY birthday candle!  
It played music and spun and everything!




Doing geneology - figuring out we are related!!




I have the same bag as one of our trainees in the district - Sister Woodard








Our roomates - Sister Bonner and Sister Bonner - they are cousins!









Got to see the Barreras on exchanges - LOVE THEM!!







I love Hermana Koch!





Peanut Butter Cannery






Part of the "spaghetti bowl" freeway by our apartment






Thank you!  Thank you!  Sarah!!
Cutest package ever!  Box of Sunshine!
Everything was yellow!





Best taqueria ever!





Ran into Hermana Jensen and Jocelyn from Woodlands at the Women's Broadcast.












Saying goodbye to an Elder from our ward who had just been set apart!




No comments:

Post a Comment