10.30.2014

Week 43: Another Week of Miracles!





October 27, 2014

Howdy howdy howdy.

The leaves still haven't changed colors here... so weird! Doesn't feel like October!

It was another week of MIRACLES!

One night it was 8:30 but we felt like we should stop by and meet a menos activo on the ward list. We got in with her and read in the BOM with her. At the end of the lesson I told her that she could call us whenever she needed anything, and she started bawling! She told us she had just been praying for help and had even decided to fast when we knocked on the door. She came over and embraced me and wept. One of the sweetest moments of my life.

Another night we went to try a potential we had met, but only his dad was home. He invited us to sit down on the porch and we shared a scripture with him and his drunk friend. When we asked if we could leave with a prayer he was like, "Couldn't you stay for just a little longer?" So the drunk friend wandered off, and we taught this man the Restoration. It was such a powerful lesson, and you could see the Spirit working in him! I bore my testimony at the end and told him that the Book of Mormon has changed my life. He cut off what my companion said next to ask me what I meant! So I told him how much peace and comfort and guidance I have found from reading daily in the Book of Mormon. He was quiet for a few minutes and stared at the Book of Mormon in his hands before he said, "I want to know." 

One day we decided to try a referral we got from a member of another ward. It is a cute mom with her 8 year old son, and they are both so prepared! When I asked the little boy how he knew that God loves him, he teared up and said, "because He gave me such a wonderful mom." MI CORAZON! I am so in love with him! He wanted to read all of the scriptures and answer all of the questions, and when I told him the first vision he was a foot from my face and didn't blink once! haha 

One day we got a call from a guy who saw our poster for our english classes. We went to visit him that night and realized that we met him two months ago! We had an amazing lesson with him and he came to church yesterday! Heavenly Father led us back to him when he was ready!

One night all of our appointments fell through so we went to a member's house and watched the Joseph Smith movie with his mom {she has been investigating the church for a long time}. The Spirit was SO INCREDIBLY STRONG and it hit me like a ton of bricks that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. He did not suffer everything that he suffered and endure everything that he endured for a lie. {"THEY WOULD NOT DO THAT!" -Elder Holland}

We were teaching this sweet old woman with no education and she was having a hard time understanding what we were teaching, but she repeated over and over, "I just feel SO GOOD when you come." "I just feel SO MUCH PEACE when you come." "I just feel SO HAPPY when you come." The Spirit is the real teacher, we are the instruments in His hands.

THE BEST was last night at 8:30, we had a list of people that Bishop gave us and we were looking up the last address. I knocked on the door and this cute family opened the door, the son told me that the man we were looking for didn't live there anymore... and then I saw him glance behind me and he said, "...but that's him right there." We turn around and a car had just pulled into the driveway, and out comes the man we were looking for! He was on the verge of tears when he saw us, he has been wanting to come back to church for a long time and was so happy to see us! THEN as I was chatting with the family at the door, the mom told me that she met with Elders years ago and wants us to stop by and teach them again! 

It has been absolutely incredible to see that no matter our challenges or our weaknesses, no matter how hard it gets, that as we just keep going and follow little promptings we are in the right place at the right time to bless the lives of our brothers and sisters. Choosing to serve a mission is the single greatest decision I have ever made in my life. I will never forget {can never forget} the experiences I've had and the people I've met. Being a missionary is biggest blessing! 

Funnies of the Week:

Sunday morning we were running late for our ride to church so we had to run in our church clothes through the apartments, shouting "Buenos Dias" to everyone. {see "Two Weeks Notice" with Sandra Bullock. Scene where she's running in her pink bridesmaid dress... that was us.}

The Primary Program was on Sunday and Carol's little boy Adrian started to scream, so she tucked him under her arm like a football, covered his mouth, ducked under the pulpit and sprinted in her pumps down the aisle to the back door. Hermana Miller and I were laughing HYSTERICALLY.

Everyone asks if Hermana Miller and I are real sisters.

One of our investigators just got out of the hospital with his first kidney stone {I figured out what it was right away}. You should have seen his face when I told him how many my mom has passed {we lost count after 60}.


Les quiero muchisimo!

Que Dios les bendiga! {haha everyone says that to us}

Hermana McOmber




A ward member took us to downtown Houston on our P-day!










The huge Galleria Mall has an ice skating rink in the middle!





Taking over Houston with little miss Lexi



I was having a rough morning so Hermana Perry made me breakfast in bed.




Our investigator wanted to braid my hair, then she took a picture because we all had braided hair!




So much food!




I love doing family history!




Always a struggle!




Photo Booth




Herbalife



No comments:

Post a Comment