10.14.2014

Week 41: God is Good






Howdy.

Another hard week, but still truckin' along. So blessed to be a missionary. I LOVE IT. We have so many incredibly prepared people we are teaching and I love them so much. We are busy busy BUSY!

EDGAR from Woodlands was baptized this Saturday! So so so happy! And the Elders had a baptism on Friday, it was so sweet to see them both in white.

My favorite miracle this week was when all of our lessons cancelled, and we got a call right after from an Hermana in the ward that needed help moving. Usually we are so busy it would have been really hard to find the time to help, but Heavenly Father cleared the way and made it happen! I was so grateful we could help her, it was such a good experience to be reminded how much He really is involved in this work, and how we really are His hands.

We had a dinner and a lesson with M this week! She is so darling, I love her so much! She is in Mosiah 21! So proud of her!!!!! We taught her family history and set up a FamilySearch account and everything. So much fun! Everyone needs to be doing family history! There is ALWAYS more to do! 

One night we were teaching a menos activo man in his doorway, and as we were singing the hymn we could see all these little faces poke around the corner of the building. We asked the little kids if they wanted to pray with us, and 8 of them ran over and were SO excited to pray with us! It was such a sweet experience, for us and for the man. They were so ready and willing and excited to pray and talk about God. We really must become like little children!

Our new investigator I is so great. I absolutely love him. He is so prepared! I love visiting with him. He is such a character... anything I say he wholeheartedly believes, any scripture I show him is "his favorite," he thinks I know everything and asks me tons of questions. He is so cool! I marked a couple scriptures in the Book of Mormon for him and he memorized them!!!

Funny of the week:

Hermana Miller took hours to reenact Harry Potter 1 for Hermana Perry who hasn't read it or seen it. Complete with direct quotes {accent included} and props. HILARIOUS.

Hermana McOmber



Hermana Perry received bread and jam from her family!






Family Home Evening




Family History Training Certificates




Pretty Skies





Choco Taco - best kind of taco!





Gullies




Dinner Appointment





P-day with the Elders






Kim:  I received this picture from a ward member that the sister missionaries were doing a service project for.   I am so grateful for wonderful, loving people around the world looking out for each other!







No comments:

Post a Comment