9.14.2014

Week 36: I love being a missionary with my whole heart and soul!





Hooooooola!

Our new triple companionship includes Hermana Perry! She is darling! So shy and quiet and tender hearted. I am loving being a trainer! I love watching her learn and have good missionary experiences.

We had such a good lesson with M this week. She is AMAZING! I love her with my whole heart. She is so prepared and we finally were able to set a baptismal date that she feels excited for. I love being a missionary!

We had Stake Conference this week! I absolutely loved it! The Spirit was so strong! Sister Mortensen bore her testimony in Spanish and it was so sweet and pure it made me cry! The Mortensens are so amazing. Then I got to reconnect with everyone from Woodlands. PURE JOY. It was a taste of heaven! One of the happiest moments of my life. How could I have ever considered not serving a mission?

We tried visiting a referral, but he had moved and we talked to the girl that lived there instead. Dark hair, dark makeup, 7 piercings on her face alone, but visibly unhappy and lost. Hermana Perry shared her favorite scripture and we watched the walls come down. The Spirit was so strong, and I felt so much love for this beautiful stranger. I looked her right in her soul and told her that she is a daughter of God, that she is loved, and that she is important. Being a representative of Jesus Christ is so literal.

We had a lesson with S, he is so amazing! He is so impressed with us and wants to be like us so badly. He always tells us, "everyone here knows you and loves you! and now I know why!" He is SO ready and I am so excited to teach him more.

I love being a missionary with my whole heart and soul. There is no greater joy to be found than in the service of others, bringing them to their Savior and allowing them to feel and understand of His perfect love. I know without a doubt that this church is true.

Funnies of the week:

A member fed us lasagna... she gave each of us half of the glass pan.

I have literally never been so scared of a dog as I was this week when I met the most ferocious chihuahua known to mankind. 

One of Hermana Perry's first door approaches she was so nervous she spoke to an African American woman in broken Spanish for a solid couple of minutes. Even when the woman told her she didn't speak Spanish she said, "Lo siento!"  (I'm sorry!)

I found a bullet on the ground in the apartments we spend most of our time in, and I tried to hide it from Hermana Perry... fail. Hermana Miller kept trying to reassure her, "Don't worry, someone probably just dropped it..."

When we got in the car after setting M's baptismal date and Motab started singing "Now let us rejoice!"

I smiled and said "Como esta?" in passing to a hispanic man walking past me, and he turned around and said, "What did you just call me, M@#$%$ F@#$?" I have NEVER tolerated even crude language from men around me, but now as a missionary I have no problem telling it to their face. I just folded my arms and said, "Excuse me?" It took him about 3 seconds to put together the fact that I am a) a girl, b) in a dress, and c) have the name JesuCristo on my shoulder. Mr. Cool melted away as he tried to stutter out an apology, and I just handed him my card and said, "If you'd ever like to repent for that, here's our number." 

Hermana Miller and I have been quoting "The Grinch who stole Christmas" all week, it is EXACTLY like missionary work!
"Hello, little girl. WHAT DO YOU WANT?"
"My name is Cindy Lou Who, and I'm here to invite you to be holiday cheer meister!" (My name is Hermana McOmber, and I'm inviting you to come to Christ!)
(watch it. laugh your head off.)
"Even if I wanted to go... my schedule wouldn't allow it!"


I love you all so much and hope to hear from you ESTE SEMANA. :)

Hermana McOmber





Epic Fail




Totally new district- we are all training




Typical dining room in this area will include a picture of The Last Supper





Megabed!  Fitting five sisters into this already teeny apartment - WIN!





There was a crazy storm yesterday and most of our investigators are men that we have to teach outside - so Hermanas Bernal and Perez came to our rescue with giant umbrellas and went to all our appointments with us






One of our investigators has our same couches as back home!





Sitting here emailing right now and this Elder's sister is Tessa Herrmann's trainer!  And his companion is Elder Tanner!  haha - small world!



No comments:

Post a Comment