9.02.2014

Week 35: We're training!





Guess what...

WE'RE TRAINING!

Ahh! We are so excited! We got the call last night! Every sister companionship in our zone is training! It's going to be CRAZY! We have just been laughing so hard... how in the world are we going to fit a FIFTH person in this apartment??? That makes 7 companions in 7 transfers!

I hit my 8 month mark this week! Almost halfway done!

Finished "Jesus the Christ" and the rest of the missionary library yesterday- so good!

This week I got to go on exchanges with Hermana Koch! I love her so much! I always have the best time with her. Serving a mission has been the best decision of my life, Heavenly Father hand picks your best friends for you!

One day we went tracting and knocked into a man who was THE MOST PREPARED PERSON I'VE EVER MET. As we started teaching him, his wife walked into the room and she is THE LEAST PREPARED PERSON I'VE EVER MET. They make quite the couple. He was so ready and willing to listen, and she just wanted to bible bash us to timbuk tu! As she's yelling and telling us how wrong we are she starts quoting the parable of the seed in unprepared soil... I could barely keep from laughing. 

I love the apartments we mostly work in. We know EVERYONE because we make an effort to talk to everyone and it is so much fun because everywhere we go people wave and are excited to see us. We got 232 contacts this week!

We have this new investigator named L that we met last week. I didn't think he would really progress very far, he seemed too flaky and flirty. Last night we ran into him and he got telling us his story; he escaped from Cuba and lived in Honduras for a few months before moving here. He lost his papers when he got here and was so stressed, but a man in our ward who lives in the same apartments found them and gave them to him!!! and that same night is when we first met him!!! He said, "It's like God prepared me to meet you." UM YEAH.

Funnies of the Week:


Passed a "Church of Champions" the other day, complete with military-style obstacle course in the back.

Our investigator's idea of a diet is only 1 tortilla a day.

So many Hispanic homes have Asian decorations! WHY?

We asked a woman if we could teach her family about Jesus Christ and she said, "My family is pretty much saved."

I love you all so much!

Friendly reminder: if you have time to read my blog, you have time to write me a letter. :)

Hermana McOmber





No mountains!  Flat-flat-flat...trees-trees-trees!!!





I found a Menchies!!!




Sweatinggggg!!





Found the cutest porch swing






My sisters!





Comp unity!




Exchanges with Hermana Koch




What?   Crazy!




I finally caught a picture of the PINK light!




The high school here is massive





Saying goodbye to Hermana Carter




Love the clouds here




Saint in the front yard




The change I found on the street in just one day!  
Starting a jar




Saying goodbye to Hermana Knappen




Got an ugly stain on my shirt so I covered it with my tag - haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment