6.23.2014

Week 25: My New Companion ~ Hermana Clement!





Good-bye President and Sister Pingree!  




Hoooooooola!

I can't believe Spencer's farewell was yesterday! Y'all better write him! Love you and so proud of you Elder McOmber!

My new companion is.... Hermana Clement!
I absolutely LOVE her! We have been out on our missions the exact same amount of time, we met in the CCM!

It was really funny because one day with Hermana Glauser in the car we were talking about who my new companion might be and I mixed up the names McCleary and Carter (the other two Hermanas in our ward) and said, "Maybe I'll be with Hermana Clement!" and she said, "Who is that?" haha It has been such a blessing! We get along so well and have the best time together!

I have LOVED taking over the area! It is the best feeling to decide where to go and who to teach and what to teach them, and then to DO IT! To be able to talk in lessons and follow promptings and actually participate in the work! I love love love it! Now THIS is missionary work! Hermana Clement is really shy and quiet, so I have had to be the strong one and the bold one, and it is so much fun! I try really hard to talk to everyone we see and we have had SO MANY AMAZING MIRACLES this week! We have found so many new people to teach!

I finished reading Preach My Gospel for the first time all of the way through this week! It's about time! haha Now that I'm feeling better I can actually get something out of my studies instead of reading the same page three times and still not even remembering what I read. haha I found Alma 26:27 this week, and for those of you who don't know, it was written specifically for me.

Our first day together we knocked on the door of a man we had visited before, who I thought lived alone with his elderly father. To our surprise, a woman I had never seen before opens the door, takes one look at us and lets us right in. She's his "esposa" that I never knew about! We had a really powerful restoration lesson with her and she accepted the invitation to be baptized right away. She said, "I feel as though you angels have planted a seed in my heart." So I whipped out Alma 32 and had her read it, and she cried! BEST EVER!

We recommitted W to baptism on July 19th! So excited! He just needed a little more time! But we just barely read an email from the church that they want us to teach lesson 5 BEFORE and after baptism, so now we are on a time crunch!

So Saturday was the longest day ever. Not to mention the hottest day I have ever experienced. DRENCHED, absolutely DRENCHED in sweat. We walked all over and had a really good day, but dinner time rolled around and our dinner appointment cancelled. So we were soaked, exhausted, starving and had no idea what to do- just knew that we needed AC, a chair, and some food. I had a random idea to go to this Mexican restaurant I had seen on the way to an appointment one day, so we decided to try it. We walk in and one of our waiters TURNED OUT TO BE A GUY WE HAD BEEN CONTACTING! We had literally just barely tried knocking on his door and I had been thinking about him all day and how we could get in with him. It was such a cool miracle! (p.s. I am so excited to come home and go to Los Hermanos and eat the most authentic thing they have and talk to them all in Spanish and if I happen to convert them all so be it).

Funnies of the week:

Got my first sunburn! So that, combined with my 10982375782 bug bites feels like my entire body is on fire.

I love Uncle Doug's letters! I sent him passalong cards and he wrote back and said, "The small saga of passalong cards continues apace." haha

The trailers we knock on look like abandoned junk yards, but you walk in and everything is crystal and plush and velvet and they have a giant screen tv. Shocks me every time.

I have my calendar of family pictures on the wall and this month is a picture of Dad and I because his birthday is this month. Hermana Clement on our first day, "May I ask who is in the picture on your calendar?" "Umm... my dad."

Love you all so much! Thank you for writing me!

Hermana McOmber






Zone activity at the park




Hermana Glauser's shoes!




I got to hold the cutest puppy!





Goodbye Hermana Glauser!




My new companion - Hermana Clement!






These mini frogs are everywhere!



I hate this bug!






We were all in the CCM together




Love my girls!




Hermana Clement



Hilarious sign - so true!





Pretty flowers




Fried Ice Cream!




Missionaries here have "love journals" that they have everyone sign.  
I didn't have one so Alma bought me one and wrote the SWEETEST letter.



No comments:

Post a Comment