6.16.2014

Week 24: "What a blessing to be in the right place at the right time!"





Mi familia,

ANOTHER TRANSFER DOWN! Ahhh!
I find out who my new companion is in the morning!

This week was challenging, and I am so grateful for President and Sister Pingree. They take such good care of me and love me so much. 

It is getting HOT! Right when we step out the door to exercise at 6:30 in the morning we are hit by a wall of heat and humidity! You just drip with sweat all day, every day! You never dry off!

This week I got to go on exchanges with Hermana Buno! It was fun because we were in the CCM together, so we had a blast figuring it all out together. I was able to really teach in the lessons and it felt AMAZING! I am always surprised by how much I can do. She is such a good friend! I love making friends with all of the missionaries out here.

Rolando and Elisa made us lunch for Hermana Glauser's goodbye party with them. He spent 8 HOURS cooking barbacoa tacos for us! They were unreal! And he bought us cokes and chocolate. And as we were leaving their house the ice cream truck drove by, and he ran it down and bought us popsicles. AHH! I LOVE HIM!

One day we were walking to a lesson in the apartments and a man called out to us and asked if we could give him a Bible. We got talking to him and he is SO READY for the gospel. It was absolutely amazing! I love to see that people really are being prepared to accept our message. He was so grateful for us and was so excited to start reading the Book of Mormon. What a blessing to be in the right place at the right time.

Another day in the same apartments we were trying to visit the same people and instead their little cousins were there that were visiting from Honduras to watch mundial (World Cup Soccer). They were darling 13-year-olds and we ended up having the BEST lesson with them! One of them had been recently baptized and you could totally tell, she had this glow about her! I absolutely love them! They kept asking if we were angels. Ahh! What a special experience.

My Spanish is really coming along! So many people told me that I was doing a good job this week. Yay!

It is so difficult to be homesick, and have a companion going home. Every lesson is about going home, every hymn we sing, every song we listen to in the car, every single conversation... it is incessantly in your face. Hopefully I don't have to "kill off" (as they say) any of my companions ever again.

Funny of the week:

There was a member we had dinner with on exchanges and he spoke 100% SPANGLISH. He would start a sentence in English and finish it in Spanish WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT. It was absolutely hilarious!

I love you all so much!

Hermana McOmber




Learning to make Chile Rellanos with Hermana Rodriguez.
  



My Favorite!




Exchanges




Dinner with the Wright family




I love President Pingree!






Rolando's tacos are to die for!




He put the picture I gave him next to all of their family pictures!  Ahhh!




Had to take advantage of the fact that Rolando was actually smiling!






I love all the flowering trees - this one is "fringy"!




Eating with Cristina



G is crazy!!




Pretty flowers - so many amazing plants grow here!





Ward party to watch World Cup.  Everyone here is crazy about it!  We can't teach anyone all day long because they are all watching it.




Reyes Family






Cute girls from Honduras




Chavez Family






Family Home Evening




No comments:

Post a Comment