6.10.2014

Week 23: My First Sister Missionary Haircut!






Hooooooola.

What a week! The weeks feel so slow, but this transfer has flown by! Only one week left!

Got the best letters from Aunt Missy this week! I was dying laughing! Thank you!

I just barely had my haircut, and it was one of the funniest experiences of my entire life! There is a lady in the English ward that cuts all of the missionaries' hair for free, so we headed over to her little salon behind her house. First, I was dunked in her tiny little sink and I came up sopping wet from my waist up. Then she put a tiny bit of deep conditioner on my matted ("washed") hair and stuck me under the hair dryer on a super hot setting... in June... in Texas... for half an hour... I was dying! Then she rinses out the conditioner, doused "dos veces," and begins to attempt to comb out the knots she made. OW. She was literally bracing herself against my forehead trying to tame it. All the while she has this classical music playing and it was absolutely hilarious- I felt like I was in a movie! The music would speed up as she is yanking on my hair like she was starting a lawn mower, and then the climax came on as she brought out the scissors. She actually did a good job with the cut (I think, I'm too nervous to look closely yet), only taking off the bare minimum I asked for, just kind of weird considering she made me stand up the whole time she cut it. Then I made the mistake of asking her to use a roundbrush as she blowdried it... She used six roundbrushes, and would curl the ends of one sections and leave the brush in, picking up another brush for the next section until I had all six hanging from my head! And she kept putting all these clips in as she was going. Then she tried yanking them out and I was praying I would let any of my screaming on the inside make its way out. She FINALLY finishes and I sit down while she gets to work on my companion, and as I am finger combing the rest of the knots out of my hair... I find a clip. Yes, you read that right, a CLIP. IN MY HAIR. I couldn't help myself, I started laughing so hard. Luckily she was blow drying my companions hair and couldn't hear me because I was dying. THAT is what I call a Sister Missionary haircut!

This week was a little hard. My body just won't give me a break, every single part wants to freak out in its own special way. I keep getting really nauseous after everything I eat. And then Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat, fever, body aches and head ache, and that night I couldn't even touch my head to my pillow I was in so much pain. Lots of fun.

We had exchanges twice this week! My first one was with Hermana Hill and I got to go to Louetta with her. I love exchanges! I am able to really see how much I actually know and what I can do- which is always more than I give myself credit for! My second one was with Hermana Durham! It is so much fun to get to know more missionaries!

I'm not going to lie, it is really difficult to be companions with someone going home, especially when you are so homesick. The one and only thing you hear ALL DAY LONG is "home home home home home home."
Luckily, I have some amazing friends here. Ana, David, and Aaron surprised us by covering our apartment door in sticky notes and left us dessert because they could see I was really sad and exhausted on Sunday. It was so much fun to come home to that! I am leaving them up as long as I can!

The best part of this week was when one of the people we teach told us, "Dios nos mando angeles." (God sent us angels) I love being a missionary and helping people change their lives for the better and see how happy they become!

Funnies of the Week:

One of our investigators had just come home from a doctor's appointment and was on some pain killers; she was on the phone with the office and they needed to know how to spell her little girl's name, but she couldn't remember. So she asked her teenage son and he takes off his shirt to show her "Heidi" tattooed on his left pectoral. hahahahahah

We approached a man we thought we heard speaking Spanish, but it actually turned out to be Romanian. This is how he introduced himself: "Hi, I'm Danny and I escaped from communist Romania, and am now a world famous opera singer."

Elder Abadillo called me a Barbie in zone meeting. (Why doesn't he understand that she is BLONDE?) haha


Love you all and miss you all so much!

Hermana McOmber



Exchanges with Hermana Hill





C



He loves his CTR ring!




Zone Meeting




Love Hermana Hoj!




Love taquerias





Can't wait to make my families favorite brownies! 
 Thanks for sending them Mom!






S and her CTR ring





The J's



So cute!






All these people are from the same family that we are teaching.  The grandfather is a member - but no one else...yet!





Galletas en la panederia




Exchanges with Hermana Durham




Being eaten alive by mosquitoes - these are just from one day!




The cute SURPRISE!!




They are the best!  
The sticky notes are so funny!





The clip I found in my hair when she was done. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment