8.04.2014

Week 31: New area - LOUETTA!





Buenos Dias!

This week I hit my 7 month mark! Then next month is my birthday, then my 1/2 way mark, then Thanksgiving and Christmas and my year mark! Ahh!

I have been transferred to...

LOUETTA!

My new companion is...

HERMANA MILLER!

Bliss! I am so happy. I am so blessed.

It has literally been the perfect week. I took Hermana Hoj's spot in Louetta and I absolutely LOVE it. Hermana Miller is an angel! We get along so well and have so much fun! She is from Utah and went to BYU! We have so much in common and work so well together. She goes home at the beginning of December, and we are hoping to stay together until then!

This area is on FIRE. Each week we have the goal of contacting 175 new people, and in my last area that number seemed astronomical, but we did it this week! Unreal!

We are teaching a woman who was recently found, and she lived with an LDS family for a while as she was growing up. Their good example left a huge impact on her life! They had given her a children's Book of Mormon with all of the pictures in it, but she had lost it years ago. We brought her one and she could barely hold back the tears, she just kept saying, "My book! My book!" We invited her to be baptized and she accepted before we even finished the question.

During another lesson we had this week, the son of the woman we were teaching walked in. He announced he was atheist, but sat down to listen. We taught them the Plan of Salvation, and he stopped us at the end to say, "I just have one question... Where do I start?" 

Something I have noticed on my mission that I think is so interesting is that whenever we get to the most important part of the lesson (first vision, reading a scripture, praying, inviting them to be baptized) is when all heck breaks loose, literally. The baby starts crying, the phone starts ringing, a dog starts barking, the kids start screaming, the tv is turned on, music is turned on; you name it, it happens! The way you know someone is ready is when they have unwavering concentration in the lesson, and at the end mention, "Wow! Your message must be true! Satan REALLY doesn't want me to hear what you're saying!"

Funnies of the Week:

One of our young investigators asked us,
"Do missionaries ever get mad?"

I had heard missionaries joke that they were the only white people in Louetta... I am coming to see how true they were.

We got talking to a police officer and after teaching him the Restoration and telling him about missionary work, I mentioned that I had just come from the Woodlands. He laughed and said,
"WELCOME TO THE HOOD."

We knocked a door and the person inside knocked back.

I love you all so much and would LOVE to hear from you!


My new address is:

411 West Road #604
Houston, TX
77038

Hermana McOmber




Tacqueria with my district one last time




Saying goodbye to the Moyas




We put sticky notes in Wilfredo's Book of Mormon
He was so sad I was leaving!




Saying goodbye to Cristina




Packing was a struggle!




Transfer meeting 




Hermanas Burnham and Hoj
Saying goodbye to Burnham




Hermana Miller - my new companion!







An hermana taught us to make tres leches!






She was so cute!




Sunny deluge - Can you see the steam coming off the streets?




Can you find all six cats in this picture?  haha




Right outside our apartment




"Frick - Elder!"





This guy insisted on putting on his cowboy boots and hat and serenading us with his violin.  




We share an apartment with the English Sisters



No comments:

Post a Comment