8.12.2014

Week 32: HAPPY!!




I'M HAPPY.
 
 I feel happy! Really, truly, incredibly happy. What a blessing!
 
I am finally feeling better too! I am sleeping more at night, stress is gone, and I can eat again! Working back up to running in the mornings and my cough is slowly getting better.  Blessings, blessings, blessings. I went to the mission doctor this morning to update him and he just about hugged me he was so happy for me. It's been a long time comin' and we are all so excited to see what I can do now that nothing is impeding me. I feel unstoppable! There are still hard days where I drag and I just can't perk up, but they are fewer.  I still have a whole year to become the best missionary I can be! HERE WE GO. :)
 
It was a crazy week! We accomplish so much in a day!
 
Sometimes I get homesick and miss normal food that doesn't kill my insides, and I start to crave things like mashed potatoes, cooked carrots, garlic bread, or brownies and ice cream. And sometimes Heavenly Father knows how happy it makes me, and He surprises me with members who make me these foods. haha It's happened probably every other week!
 
We were walking down the street and a truck pulled up alongside us and the guy rolled down the window and said, "Teach me something that will help me stop drinking!" So we read Helaman 5:12 through the window to this random guy. haha
 
We tracted into this young, black college football player who was so nice! We got a couple houses down the street when we heard someone calling out for us. We turn around to see him running down the street after us, waving his hands over his head. hahah He came and gave us protein shakes because it was deathly hot outside. I literally wish I could be his best friend. haha
 
We have had a CRAZY week with our investigator named F. He was living with a member and they have two sons, so he had the missionary lessons and went to church for years. They separated this week, and we got a text from him saying that he really wanted to meet with us. So we had a lesson with him and brought the ward mission leader. He is really, really ready to be baptized, and has a sincere desire to do so. {And now he finally can because they're separated!} So our ward mission leader invited him to be baptized... three days later. haha We were so shocked, and neither of us felt good about it, so we told him to give it two weeks and we have continued to teach him. A lot of things have come up and it has been a huge blessing that we followed the prompting to wait. It is so amazing to see the truly prepared people though! He read all of our pamphlets in two days, the articles of faith, comes to church and activities during the week, never cancels lessons, says such meaningful prayers, reads and marks the Book of Mormon, listens to the mormon channel on his way to work, and the background of his phone is even a picture of the angel Moroni! haha He's a "dry member," and we're really blessed to have the opportunity to teach him. 
 
One day we tracted for maybe five minutes before an appointment and ended up finding this DARLING girl who just came here from Honduras, and was baptized with her whole family there! She is living with her older sister who has been here for two years, and was so sad because they could never find the church here. She told us she had prayed the night before that she could find the church, and that the next morning we knocked on the door! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
 
The best miracle this week was yesterday when we had dinner with a family in the ward. After dinner with them we felt prompted to visit the referral she had given us last time we were there. So we drove straight over and knocked on the door. We had been talking with her for a few minutes, and she had just been telling us about her friend that is a member of our church... when that Hermana walks up the driveway! hahahah We were all so surprised and laughed so hard! Because she came we were let into the house and had a lesson! FOLLOW PROMPTINGS.
 
 
 
Funnies of the week:
 
Met a hispanic named Vladimir.
 
We ran into our police man friend that told me "Welcome to the Hood" and in hushed tones he gave me his number and told me to call him if we ever needed him {"I don't usually do this, but y'all are special"}. We now have our own personal body guard!
 
We were walking through these apartments looking for people to talk to, when we heard someone trying {key word: TRYING} to play the trumpet and trombone. We came around the corner and found two rough lookin' young hispanic guys teaching themselves how to play by mimicking what they heard on the mariachi band playing on the radio next to them.
 
We encountered a very, very drunk man one night who sang to us and called us beautiful angels, and kissed our hands goodbye. hahah AY AY AY.
 
Everyone wears cowboy boots to church.
 
We tracted into this cute old, white Christian man. He told us jokes for 20 minutes!
"Two friends argued their whole lives about whether Jesus was black or white. They both died and went to heaven, and they were greeted by their Savior at the pearly gates, "Buenos Dias!"
 
"A priest ordained a cab driver to the ministry, saying "I have never seen one man inspire so many people to pray."
 
"Two friends wondered their whole lives about whether there are sports in heaven. One friend died, and came back to tell his friend. He said, "I've got some good news, and some bad news. The good news is, there really are sports in heaven! The bad news is, you're up to bat next Thursday..."
 
 
Les amo muchisimo!
 
Hermana McOmber




Can you see the steam coming off the roof after the flash thunderstorm?



The cutest guy with his ice-cream bike - looking at the card I gave him!




Tacqueria!  Love my mega size "agua de melon"




Can't reach the doorbell!





Finally reached it!





There are huge, beautiful mansions right next to the temple - can't wait to tract here!





Don't do it!




So much swag






I love Texas!




I love my companion - Hermana Miller






Guard dogs - and a duck!





I love Texas!




There are several Ginormous Asian churches here




Caught in a thunderstorm!





Even my watch got steamed up!




Tracting with a member - we know what pamphlets are really used for - fans!



No comments:

Post a Comment