7.28.2014

Week 30: Baptism and Transfers!




Hey loves,

I'M BEING TRANSFERRED! Ahh! I am so excited! :)

It's hard to say goodbye when you feel as though you've found a home away from home, but I am ready for a new adventure!

I find out tomorrow morning where I'm going and who my new companion is! No more mail to my old address please- send any this week to the mission office!

This week was nuts. I've been so overwhelmed getting everything ready for Wilfredo's baptism. And then Wednesday night we had correlation with our ward mission leader and he asked me to prepare a 15 minute talk for Sunday in case the speaker didn't show up.  I was so stressed it was the last straw to hear that I had three days during my first baptism to prepare a 15 minute talk in Spanish... just in case. It turns out I had the flu - I was feeling so sick. Everyone had to step up to help because I was incapable of doing anything by myself. haha I kind of chuckled to myself, that Heavenly Father had to knock me out to humble me enough to ask for help. Bless my heart.

As fun as that has been, WILFREDO IS BAPTIZED! It was such a sweet moment to see how far he's come and see how calm and ready he was. It was the perfect day! He wrote me the SWEETEST note, it took him so long! A bunch of members came and supported him and helped take some of the burden off my shoulders.  The talks were so good, the baptism went smooth, and we did a musical number with Aaron, Braian and Beto. Wilfredo loves everyone so much (and he was very concerned that people with diabetes could potentially come) so he bought tons and tons of fruit and veggies to make fresh juice! The cutest thing I have ever seen was him in his baptismal suit makin' juice for us. haha! He got teary during his confirmation the next morning, and all of the speakers mentioned him in their talks. So happy! What a blessing to have had the privilege to not only find him, but teach him everything, AND baptize him! I am so blessed! I love being a missionary!

Funnies of the Week:

A boy told me I was the prettiest, most stylish nun he had ever seen.

Every Hispanic man I meet tells me I need to be a character in a novela.

Wilfredo got really upset about something silly and pounded his fist down on the table... but accidentally slammed his scriptures too. He was so panicked and immediately started praying for forgiveness. hahahahah

Rolando's parting words:
"Le quiero."
"Take it easy."
"Andale, pues."

A lot of Hispanics we visit don't use their dishwashers, they say that's what the sink and our hands are for. haha I asked one lady for a plastic bag, and she opened her dishwasher to find one- she had all of her kitchen supplies stuffed inside!

Text conversation with Carlos when he didn't come to church:
Me: ":("
Carlos: sin contenido (blank, our phone is so dumb it doesn't receive a lot of messages)
Me: "Su mensaje fue sin contendio... como su silla en la iglesia." (Your message was without content, like your seat at church.)


I love you all and would love to hear from you!

Hermana McOmber




Lunch with Joanne - love her!



Thank you Joanne!




We found a PhotoBooth - so happy!




Saying Goodbye to S and G



Wilfredo wearing his CTR ring!





M took us all to Olive Garden because Hermana McCleary is going home




Training - all the missionaries signed a banner




Found a sno-cone shack!





Goodbye River Oaks




"Welcome"
"God Bless Our Home"
"Home Sweet Home"





R wanted to make me tacos because he knows they are my favorite, but I had the flu so this is the taco I got.  haha - He tried to give me the cowboy hat too!




This guy grew up in Lehi and wanted a picture with me - haha - the funny part is the wife on the porch - she was not impressed!





Wildfredo's Baptism - he put us to work right away chopping healthy food for his refreshments.


Wilfredo was "juicing" in his baptismal suit!




What a beautiful day!!!















Wilfredo's note to me - I love it!





Love my boys!




Familia Fonseca - he baptized Wilfredo 



Ana



David and Ana




"J"




Familia Santiago



The Apartment:
the Park at Northgate Crossing

















No comments:

Post a Comment