7.20.2014

Week 28: Ole, Ole, Ole, Oleeeee!




Mis vidas,

Mundial (World Cup Soccer) is FINALLY OVER. Praise the Lord. We can finally start teaching people again! haha

Finished the Bible Dictionary this week! I loved it, connected so many dots for me. Now on to the missionary library!

This week we had a fun service project! We got to work in the garden of one of our members, so much fun! We picked basil and weeded for two hours! Let me tell you, 2 showers later and I STILL smell like basil.

Ready for the BEST MIRACLE EVER? Hermana Burnham loved Smashburger so we always stopped by when we were in that area. We met the same cashier each time- this stunning girl with crazy curly hair. I had such good conversations with her each time and always left her a card. In the meeting a few weeks ago when we met President Mortensen he told us a story of one of his first days here, when he took his family to Smashburger and talked to the cashier and got her information to learn more! I almost screamed in the meeting! I couldn't believe it! Then he called me a few days later and told me that she had met with the missionaries AND went to all three hours of church on Sunday! He told me he was so proud of me for planting seeds- what a blessing to see some growth! I love being a missionary!

2nd BEST MIRACLE EVER. Our Assistant Ward Mission Leader was a recent convert who was on fire, and then suddenly he dropped off the map for two months. No one had seen or heard from him! One night it was 8:30 and we couldn't get in with anyone and I was completely out of ideas of how to use the last twenty minutes effectively. A distinct idea came to my mind to go to McDonalds (YUCK), but I followed the prompting and drove us there. Then I had the distinct prompting to sit down, so we did. Within ten seconds of scanning the faces of the people in the McDonalds I FOUND HIM. He was just sitting by himself on his computer. So I ran over and sat by him and we caught up with him. He was really overwhelmed with work and had a lot of family things going on. I felt so mean, but I followed another prompting to call him out. I told him that if he wanted things to improve, he needed to make God the priority in his life again. THE BEST MOMENT OF MY MISSION was a few days later, seeing him walk through the doors of the chapel on Sunday. I will NEVER forget that.

Another neat miracle from this week was last Monday when we were grocery shopping. We walked through the doors and the first person we saw was a man I had given a card to before, and he stopped me and with tears in his eyes begged us to come teach him. He said he knows he needs to make changes in his life to be happier and needs our help. So neat! Then we took (maybe) TEN STEPS and ran into another man I had given a card to! We had a great chat with him too! I'd say it was a successful P-day!

My favorite part of this week was playing soccer with some kids while we were waiting for a dinner appointment. It was so much fun! Afterwards I taught them some other little games and we had the best time. Then I gave them all mints and ctr rings, and taught them how to pray. Now we have three new potential families to teach!

The best lesson this week was with P and J. We decided to suprise attack Ja and come unexpected (he's such a punk. he "doesn't have time" for us now that he's baptized and it's been almost 2 months since we've seen him). He said hi and then ran out the door, but we got to talk with his family and had a lesson with his younger siblings. We were just going to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon with them but little J started dishing out all of these questions! So we whipped out the plan lesson and had almost a 2 hour lesson with them! Just answering all of their questions! THEY ARE SO READY! They both want to be baptized so badly but their parents won't let them- the only reason J was baptized is because he turned 18. I absolutely love teaching kids. It was such an amazing lesson.

Funnies of the week:

Everyone calls us Clementina & Pepina (Clement & McOmber- which sounds like cucumber to some people)

One day I wore a thick wrap headband- was actually the BEST IDEA EVER for helping the make-up melting off situation- and literally every hispanic I encountered was obsessed with it. We went to the chapel for our English class and every single person there touched it and went crazy over it. 


I love you all so much!
Thank you for your love and support!
I'd love to hear from you!

Hermana McOmber



Police on horseback in The Woodlands





I pamper my poor stomach with normal food when I can!




Crazy bugs here




After only four hours of work we had accumulated a lot of water - everyone is so generous here!




Cute picture I took of my companion and the Pingrees!



Dinner at the mall with Hermana Avila - her son is on a mission, too






I love our ward!




Hermana McCleary is always baking :)




I love "R" !!





Service







I love playing soccer with the kids!





Such a sweet but Guilty little face...haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment