3.31.2014

Week 13: Three months!




Hi loves!
 
Tomorrow is my 3 MONTH MARK! Ahh!
 
Hermana Hoj was transferred to Louetta, so she is still in our stake and we were able to see her the other night! I miss her SO much!
Right after she left I was promoted to front seat and put in charge of the phone (and I thought talking to Hispanics in person was hard...) and then two days later they made me DESIGNATED DRIVER! Ahh! I absolutely love driving! Not being carsick to the point of death every day is such a blessing! And I finally feel like I am really contributing to the companionship. I love, love, love it!
 
Ahh, it was such a good week. There are these beautiful wildflowers springing up everywhere and the weather is so nice.
 
Everyone in the ward who doesn't call me Barbie has started calling me "Hermana Pepino" because they think McOmber sounds like "cucumber." hahah It is so great. I LOVE OUR WARD. It is so different from an English ward, but the people here are so wonderful. I never want to leave!
 
Friday night was the wedding reception of this cute couple in our ward, Ana and David. Ana was found, taught, and baptized in the span of 11 days by missionaries who lived in our same apartment three years ago, she herself served a mission, and then came home and just got married! AND THE MISSIONARY WHO BAPTIZED HER WAS THE PHOTOGRAPHER FOR HER WEDDING!!!!! AHHHH!!!!! Talk about a dream come true! I was dying. Their reception was so much fun and we were able to spend some really good time getting to know the ward better, the youth better, and we even got three new investigators!
 
Saturday was the General Women's Meeting, and may I just say... wow. What an amazing meeting! I felt the Spirit so strongly, and I loved that they focused on covenants. We drove half an hour to our stake center and there were 200 + hispanic women and missionaries gathered together. It was so neat! They set aside a little room for us to watch it in English (thank heavens) and it was so much fun.
 
We went to try to visit Hermana R this week, but a man opened the door. He said, "Ohh! I know you! You're the girls from the library!" Hermana Burnham had given him a card a couple weeks ago and he remembered us! He was so nice and wanted to know all about the church. He said, "Here's my number so we can meet up somewhere and you can teach me! Ohh, and what is the address of your church, I want to come on Sunday!" WHAT!!?!?!? MIRACLE.
 
There were so many funnies this week:
 
We were watching a movie about Adam and Eve with a family for Noche de Hogar (FHE), when Satan came on the screen and their little boy screamed, "OBAMA!"
 
We were walking down the street and passed a cop and his K9 german shepherd drug who had pulled someone over and were searching their car. As he's handcuffing these crazy people he looks at us and says, "Y'all have your work cut out for you." The crazies laughed histerically so I said, "Looks like you do, too." He laughed so hard and said we could call him if we ever needed help.
 
Every Wednesday we go to Chiptole for dinner and as I was ordering all of the workers were talking about me in Spanish. So I finished ordering in Spanish. :) They looked at me, and then looked at my tag and the one at the register was like, "$#!+, you speak Spanish??" They were so embarrassed. haha BOOM!
 
I was cleaning and organizing our car and apartment, when I found an unmarked cd in the glove compartment. We decided to pop it in and see what it was... Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, hard rock. We had a lot of fun demolishing that cd.
 
I love you all and miss you all so much!

I would love to hear from you!

GET EXCITED FOR CONFERENCE!!!
 
Hermana McOmber




Sister Holly Fullmer and I at the library writing home



Wild bunnies at our apartment complex





Flautas - one of my favorite dishes here




Noche de Hogar (FHE) with the Hales family.  Sister Hale was in the CCM and went to BYU Provo -
 we are best friends now!





We ordered the same dresses online - in many of the same colors and patterns.  
We have to stagger when we wear them!




Transfer time - going to miss Hermana Hoj!



Elders Abadillo and Gutirrez at transfers




We were a great trio!




Front seat and phone!




Many houses have gates around the front doors 
that make tracting difficult




CD we had fun destroying




Funny funny mailboxes here in Texas!








Ana's wedding reception




Missionary problems!




I get to drive!



Just as many churches in TX as in UT



All Hermanas of our Spanish Stake at 
the General Women's Meeting




Hermana Jensen (on the right-my first companion!) 
with Hermana Cotch (Montana Brian's best friend!)




Caught a frog!










Best "Break the Fast" ever!  
We bought girl scout cookies from actual Girl Scouts!



No comments:

Post a Comment