3.24.2014

Week 12: First Transfer




Hi friends and family!
 
MY FIRST TRANSFER IN THE FIELD IS OVER! Ahh! 
11 more to go!
 
I love being a missionary. Love, love, love it.
 
I love being a Spanish speaking missionary! These people are so special! Ahh, I love them so much. I always have such a good time talking to them and eating with them and teaching them. It is such a blast! 
 
I finished D&C and the Pearl of Great Price this week! Now finally back to the Book of Mormon! I'm so glad I took that month to read the other standard works, I learned SO MUCH, and my testimony was solidified. I would highly encourage it.
 
We got to go to the Houston Temple on Wednesday! It felt so good to be back in the temple! I wasn't able to go in the CCM because the Mexico City Temple is under construction (I tried to tell them that a sinking foundation wasn't going to keep me out, but I couldn't figure out how to conjugate it). That day we fasted as a district to be able to find the people in this area who are prepared for the message, and it was the hardest fast I have EVER done. BUT the blessings were immediate. Such a neat experience.
 
The next night I got really, really, really sick after eating at a member's house (extreme carsickness there, mountain of food, extreme carsickness back.... yikes), and Hermana Hoj did too, so Friday we had a sick day. We watched all of the districts and cleaned the house. We got a knock on our door and the other Hermanas in our district had come an hour early to a district meeting that was cancelled because we went to the temple, and couldn't leave for five hours until their ride came(biking missionaries with a twisted ankle)... it was a long afternoon. We made them lunch (quite a feat considering the fact that we were sick and they have 209387498423 allergies... ha), and we listened to them do their companion study and language study, and then they went out and sung himnos on our balcony for over an hour (aspiring opera singers). After the sweet sisters' ride came, we went to the grocery store to get jello so we could finally eat. And then we came home and watched the Testaments and bawled our eyes out. haha
 
THANK YOU FOR MY 1/2 BIRTHDAY PACKAGE! Best surprise ever!! I absolutely loved it! Mail is literally the best thing in the world.
 
Saturday was such a good day. We went and helped a Hermana in the ward move, and even though none of the men in the ward came to help us, the elders eventually came and rescued us (with Hermana Hoj and I not feeling well, plus my dislocated collarbone, I almost passed out at the thought of moving all of this woman's huge furniture. hahah)

 Then we were walking to the apartments of one of our investigators and we ran into Sabaloos! She was so excited to see us she started shouting and clapping and hugging us. haha I LOVE HER. She brought us in and made us another Pakistani feast... right after we had just eaten lunch. rough. haha She had some of her new neighbors over, they are from India and I had given them a pass along card last week!
Then we were at the house of a potential investigator and she set a return appointment, and as we were walking away, a man had pulled up in his car in the driveway and called out to us, "Mormones?" It turns out that he is a former investigator that my companions have been looking for for twelve weeks!!!!! AHHHH!!!! MIRACLE.

And then we went to the homecoming party for Bishop's son. Let me tell you, Argentinians know how to party! So many people, so much food, music, dancing... it was the most fun I have had in such a long time! His homecoming talk the next morning was so great, and it was fun to see the chapel totally filled.
 
We got the call last night... Hermana Hoj is being transferred. Heart: broken.
 
Funny of the week:
 
When Brian, the RM, asked me for my number yesterday. I literally froze. ...until I realized he meant "our" number because he wants to come teach lessons with us. hahaha
 
I love you all so much!
Thank you for your love and support!
Miss you!
 
Te amo muchisimo!
 
Hermana McOmber




Awesome family!  The mother told the son not to touch me right before the picture was taken.  HAHA!



This is for you Nick!  Everything is big in Texas!




Caught a lizard!






At the hospital where we teach English








First Trip to the Houston Temple!











Went to teach at a members home and her baby was getting a haircut.  So cute!!!




A little homesick today...so wearing my two Utah necklaces!





Love the beautiful BlueBells!



Huge palaces two minutes away from the trailer parks.  Amazing!







Texas is BEAUTIFUL!



The kids all love getting Spanish CTR rings!  
"E" is my favorite boy!



There is so much pollen here!



Good-bye Hermana Hoj...I have loved being one of your companions!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment