5.27.2014

Week 21: Happy Memorial Day!





Hola mis queridos amigos y familia 
(dear friends and family)!

The library was closed yesterday, so we didn't get to write, but it finally gave us time to have a FUN PDay! We went to the Kolache Factory for lunch, so good! They're like the best dinner roll you've ever had, with dinner inside of them! Then we went to Sam Moon and I got the funnest little Texas earrings. Then we came home and actually relaxed! So nice!

On Friday I got 4 letters and 2 packages!!! I couldn't believe my eyes! It was BETTER than Christmas! Thank you so much for taking the time to write me, it means the world to me! It can be so lonely out here, so even just to know that someone is thinking about you makes all the difference. Thank you for being an answer to many prayers!

This week I had exchanges with Hermana Koch! I met her once at BYU! She and I just clicked- I absolutely LOVE her! She helped me learn and grow so much in just one day! It was the worst day ever, but she made it so much fun!

She and I knocked on the door of one of our investigators, and the door opened and out walked two Jehovah's Witness missionaries. They proceeded to Bible bash us on the porch of the investigator for a long time, not letting us defend ourselves or leave. Finally they begin to walk towards their car, telling us "pobrecitas" (poor things) to find the truth and read the Bible. We were pretty stunned and just stood on the porch, not quite sure what to do... and then we heard a sickening crash. They had backed into our car! At first I thought it was intentional and I was shocked, but it really was an accident, she was just an old lady who hadn't seen our car. She smashed our left mirror and dented the driver door. After two hours of standing in the heat filling out paper work and listening to her tell her husband that it was Satan that did it, the police came and she got a real nice ticket. The police officer was so impressed that we could speak Spanish and had already gotten all of their information and handled the situation so well, so we gave him two passalong cards and he put them in the front window of his squad car. haha

That night we went to visit A and M. She was baptized into the church in Mexico when she was 14 because the cute American Elders brought movies for her family to watch, but never went back to church. We tracted into her and have been teaching her, and the last few lessons her husband has been sitting in. Hermana Koch did such a good job teaching them about the Plan of Salvation, and at the end A opened up and told us that he loves us and looks forward to each time we come, that "mi casa es su casa," and that he is so grateful that we brought the Book of Mormon into his life! He said the closing prayer for the first time and the Spirit was so strong! It was an unforgettable lesson!

W is just my favorite person. We had a really good lesson with him this week, and he is SO excited to get baptized! He tells EVERYONE. hahahahah I gave him a CTR ring and it looked so cute on his giant fingers. I wrote on a sticky note the 4 steps for how to say a prayer and put it on the cover page of his scriptures last week. At this lesson he was telling me that he gets really scared to be home alone because of his epilepsy, so he tried praying and now he isn't scared anymore. Almost made me cry! Love him so much!

This week was also ZONE CONFERENCE! Ahh! It was amazing. I love being around President Pingree and Sister Pingree. And I got to see Hermana Hoj!! They called me up to speak, and the topic was the Atonement, so how could I not cry? haha Afterwards everyone came up and hugged me and thanked me! They all said they were so touched by what I said and that they love and admire me! Ahh! What an answer to my prayers!

X, G, AND E all came to church on Sunday! Ahh!


Funnies of the Week:

In Grandma Grace's letter this week she wrote: "I especially like to read messages from President Uchtdorf. He is quite a handsome man as well."

Hermana Koch teaches lessons in Spanish in her sleep.

President Pingree talking about the Plan of Salvation:
 "...sent to Earth in this body that only wants to eat ice cream..."
President Pingree: "Seeeeester McOmber!" (accents for the win!)
President Pingree: "Dear President, I have a detailed log of my companion waking up at 6:32 for three days in a row. A detailed database is attached..."



Everyone wanted to pick a fight with us this week! Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Native Americans... everyone.

Ate dinner with Carlos, Angelica, Fatima, and Shayla one night (SUCH good food!) and he served us peaches with sour cream for dessert. I was trying to cut one of my peach slices, but it slipped off the plate and went flying.
I laughed and Fatima said, "Que paso?" and all Angelica responded was "Se fue."



I love you all so much and hope you have the best week!

Hermana McOmber



Yarn bombing at the Library




Woodlands




We went to put a pass-along card on this man's car and he already had one inside!  
So we left another one for him and he put it right next to it!




Our poor car!




Hermana Koch!





I had so much fun with Hermana Koch!







When in Texas - do as the Texans!





O and J - love them so much!




Common floor plan here - Front door is on the side of the house




So cute!




Love Hermana Hoj!






Thanks for all the packages and letters!  I love you!




This cute little black dog follows us around to every house and sits on the porch while we talk. 
 It is hard to keep him out of the houses and our car!







Fun P-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment