4.14.2014

Week 15: I love being a missionary!



Package from my Young Women!!





Hi loves!

First of all... YOUNG WOMEN! Ahh! Thank you so much for my package! I was dying! I absolutely loved all of the letters! I am putting them all up on my wall! I love you all and miss you all so much!

This week was, honestly, really hard. I have learned and grown so much though! We have been working really hard, but none of our investigators have been progressing as much as we would have hoped (agency is the worst. haha) It's shown me that missionary work is SO much more than baptizing. My role right now in this area is laying the groundwork; finding new people, getting them started. It can be hard because since you don't see the fruits of your labors in the vineyard, you wonder if you did any good; but every tree must start out as a seed, planted and nurtured, weeded and watered, and it takes time to grow. However, we have seen SO MANY MIRACLES the last two weeks. People have literally chased US down the street! haha We have a couple investigators with whom there have been absolutely unbelievable miracles, and it is amazing to see the difference of how ready they are. 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but I would not trade it for anything! Putting on this name tag every day and knowing that I am a representative of Jesus Christ, knowing that I have been called to bring this happiness I have to others, seeing their lives change, feeling His love for them, learning so much, working so hard, being in the right place at the right time, seeing innumerable miracles... it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done. 

Because there is opposition in all things, there are, of course, hard days. So that's when you have an impromptu girl's night, complete with a facial mask, pint of ice cream, nail polish, and a letter from your family. :)

Missionary work is so much fun, there were so many funnies this week:

Dad sent me the video of the final of Youth Smooth at Nationals for the Relief Society activity where I am teaching them dance, so I decided to watch it. I heard sniffles and I turned around and Hermana Burnham was crying watching me dance. haha!

Hermana R is the Relief Society President of our ward and I absolutely love her. She is so funny, I have to be careful what I tell her!
Told her I danced... she signed me up to teach dance to the Relief Society.
Told her I wanted to be a photographer... she is having me take their family pictures.
Told her I loved shrimp pasta... she is taking us to Olive Garden for lunch! haha

We teach a lot of different people English, and they all have such a hard time with the letter "S"!
They can say "salsa" just fine, but any other word is...
"estreet"
"esign"
"esmile"

We help little F with her homework often, and this week was a photography project where she had to find shapes in everyday objects. Then she had to label them and make a little book out of them all. As we were helping her put it all together, I read the caption under the picture of a hexagonal screw on a fire hydrant... she called it a "fire fire water pole."

And then last night we were with F and S again, and S tried to look me up on Pinterest to follow me, and instead pops up all of these eWatts pictures of me!!! I ACCOMPLISHED MY LIFE GOAL WITHOUT EVEN REALIZING IT??? haha just kidding, but I was so surprised! They went crazy over the photoshoot with my microcrimped hair. Miss you Ethan!

Te amo muchisimo!

Hermana McOmber









My new favorite snack - any fruit or veggie with lime and chile!





Bushes here are so huge and pretty!







Find the funniest things while tracting!






Found a rope swing in the middle of nowhere!




Super cool trees everywhere!






Love all the wildflowers!




A heron lives in the little pond right outside our window!







Typical day of traffic




Stressed?  How about a girls night out!!




Helping a young girl with her homework and she looked me up on Pinterest!




I love little "F"!!




Just got an Easter package from Grandma and Grandpa Pittard!  Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment